GB-42 MTO II (incl Greece, Crete & Malta, Africa and Middle East) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Question on the entry rules. The rules say that four entries per build is the limit, but someone mentioned the limit is three, Please clarify.

I didn't know there was a limit to be honest and I don't know why there should be one. If you can do 4 or 5 or 20 then go for it in my opinion.

As memo servese when the GB was started it was agreed that there can be four entries in total for each participant only.

Well, now I have lost JCDavidson in 252 Sqn.
But have a solid Davidson in 489 Sqn flying Beaufighters.
Now, Wurger, I just need you to confirm 489 was in the MTO??????
Would they have been flying the Mk VI?
Cheers, Bill

Humm.. do you mean no. 489 (NZ) Squadron ? If you do, the squadron history doesn't mention anything about being involved operationally at the MTO. Most of the missions were taken over the North Sea, Northern Germany and Scandinavia. Beaufighters were used from November/December 1943 to June/August 1945.
The another squadron could be the US 489th Bombardment Squadron. It participated in missions at the MTO, the Egipt, Tunisia, Sicilly and Italy mostly. But the squadron used the B-25 Mitchell at that time..

Need some help finding photos of B-25J 43-27653, Ruthie of the 489th BS 340th BG flying out of Corsica 44-45. Tail code 9C. any help will be greatly appreciated.

An useful compilation of Allied Air Forces in the MTO:
Organization_of_the_Mediterranean_Allied_Air_Force_January_1944.jpg

You guys are something.
Trouble is I'm looking for a Beaufigther MTO pilot and I keep striking out.
I don't want to double up.
I've gotta Blenheim, Havoc, B25, a Lanc and B24 which are too big for cabinet.

As memo serves the no. 19 Squadron RAF wasn't involved in the MTO during the 1944/45. It was sent to France 1944 then Belgium and Germany, Later the unit got back the Great Britain. But if you meant no. 19 Squadron SAAF it was sent to Italy. But the squadron operated Beaufighters IIRC.

Am I safe with USA 415th-416th Sqns Beaufighters?
I think they were MTO....... well, I hope!

Am I safe with USA 415th-416th Sqns Beaufighters?
I think they were MTO....... well, I hope!

I would say yes, you are.

A Beaufighter of the 416th Night Fighter Squadron .. Italy 1943..
414th_Night_Fighter_Squadron_Bristol_Beaufighter_2.jpg

the pic source: File:414th Night Fighter Squadron Bristol Beaufighter 2.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

beaufighter 416th US Sqdn.jpg

the pic source: Saturday Night Uforia: The Foo Fighters Of World War II - Part One

beaufighter 416th US Sqdn_1943.jpg

the pic source: Beaufighter of the 416th Night Fighter Squadron Grottaglie Italy 17 November 1943 | World War Photos

A Beaufighter of the 416th NFS Italy 1944 ..
Beaufighter_416th_NFS_Italy_1944.jpg

the pic source: Beaufighter of the 416th Night Fighter Squadron Italy 1944 | World War Photos

A Beau of the 415 US Squadron ..
Beaufighter-12th-air-force-415th-night-fighter-squadron.jpg

the pic source: Great Britain's Bristol Beaufighter fighter bomber

Beaufighter Mk VIc Night Fighter 94 USAAF Sicily 1943
Beaufighter_Mk_VIc_Night_Fighter_94_USAAF_Sicily_1943.jpg

the pic source: American Bristol Beaufighter Mk VIc Night Fighter 94 USAAF Sicily 1943 | World War Photos

Beau5.jpg

the pic source: AeroScale :: Dirk's 1/72 Airfix Beaufighter "Reverse Lend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back