GB-42 MTO II (incl Greece, Crete & Malta, Africa and Middle East)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And here two more..

Beau4.jpg

Beaufighter MkVIf of 416th NFS, 12 AF, USAAF,X7929 in Gerbini, Corsica 1943
Beau3.jpg

the pic source: Forums / USAAF / USN Library / 414th NFS - Axis and Allies Paintworks

Nope, no Davidsons in MTO?????
I say ? because there was a Davidson in 489 Sqn operating mainly out of the UK, England and Scotland.
Not sure if they count, they flew MK-X's for a time.

I did get my kit delivered the other day, so will post my USAAF Beufighter soon.
It seems a good one to enter, not many mods to do to the bugger.
What a relief That is.

Well blast....
I did find a Beaufighter Davidson...... but....
he was in 489 Sqn and I can't make heads or tails if it was part of the MTO!
Anybody???????

Bill,

489 were latterly part of the Dallachy Strike wing based at RAF Dallachy on the North East Coast of Scotland in 1945. They were formed at RAF Leuchars in Fife, Scotland and were always UK based. In 1944 they were at RAF Langham in Southern England, where your namesake Thomas Henry Davidson earned himself a DFC (info from Wikipedia)

Cheers Greg

Bill,

I found this bloke who may suit if you have a Kittyhawk in the stash (photo from Google Images)
View attachment 540502

F/O Douglas M Davidson 450 Squadron RAAF

Cheers Greg

Now building on this Bloke, I had found him before intending to do this one for the first MTO GB.
I could build them all and have a history of a single Davidson......... No, not in one GB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can trace his flying career to 33 Sqn, Hurri Mk.I; 450 Sqn P-40 Mk.III (K); 65 Sqn P-51 Mk.III (C); 451Sqn Spit Mk.XVI and 453 Sqn Spit LF MK.XIV.........

Now my question is........ Is there any physical difference in the LF Mk.XIV and the Mk.XIV???????
Knowing the LF is just a low altitude Spit. I think I can do this one for D-Day GB.

I don't think there was ever an official LF MkXIV. Some got increased boost for low altitude V-1 chasing but I don't think there was ever an official low altitude series produced with that tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back