GB-43 1/48 Mosquito FB.VI - Aces' Aircraft of all Eras (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Terry, I agree that it's odd for Tamiya. I thought I had done something wrong but there is no mistaking placement of the parts given that there is only one way things can fit. Anyway, it's all good now.

Some details done. The wires for the undercarriage doors, not yet painted:

20012401.jpg

Brass pitot tube installed. Thanks Terry!

20012402.jpg

Brake lines on all 4 sides. Hard to see and photograph but there it is.

20012403.jpg

Thanks guys. Having milked as much information as I could from other threads to figure out what the bomb carriers should look like, I decided to go with a heavily modified version of the Tamiya kit parts. The Revell ones are much too bulky so I put back the two racks that I broke out of my B. IV and began modifying the Tamiya parts. Modifications started with cutting away the one fusing terminal box, shaping the stabilizers, adding a flange plate to the undersides, adding the stabilizer adjustment cranks, the bomb shackle, new fuse terminals, and wiring to the terminals. The cranks were, by far, the trickiest part and arguably one of the craziest scratch building jobs that I've done to date but I think they turned out well and look the part. Below are images of the modified rack along side the unmodified kit part and a few solo pics.

20012701.jpg
20012702.jpg
20012703.jpg
20012704.jpg
20012705.jpg

Finally finished the carriers and stuck them in. Also added sway braces and am glad this stuff is done!

20012901.jpg
20012902.jpg

The last bit on my punch list - the cables from the front of the undercarriage to the doors - isn't going to get done as it seems that either the undercarriage stick down too far or the doors don't hang down far enough. To connect the needed parts, the cables would be on a very weird angle. The red below shows how these cables would have to go:

20012903.jpg

And here's the real thing:

IMG_5299 reduced.jpg

The top of the tire relative to the bottom of the doors is proportionately different between the model and the actual bird so I'm not sure where the issue lies. In any event, fixing this now would involve major work so I'm going to ignore this. Don't tell anybody!

Deat Modelling Magazine, a bloke called Andy is going to ....................
Very nice work, and to be honest, you'd have to look hard to see the scale cables anyway (that's the excuse I use when I leave them off !) .

Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments.

I'll give this model a once over tomorrow, do some final tweaks and weathering, and then get some finished pics done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back