GB#43 Coming Soon to a Forum Near You!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hmm.

P3594 was destroyed on 7th of september, see below.
so it may have been the Hurricane flown on the 5th but if the date is correct cannot have been the "O"flown on the 8th ?

Battle of Britain London Monument - F/O P H V Wells

My tuppence worth Bill is i dont see 249sqn having two Hurricanes with the same individual aircraft codes so it seems likey to me that the two i have found were flown by Henry Davidson.

Last edited:

V7313....obviously!

Yes he was Bill. I turn off Adblocker Plus for sites I really want and truth be told, I haven't seen an ad here. If you already know how to white-list a site ignore this:
First click on the ABP icon in your toolbar and slide the blocker button off (1) and then hit the options button (2). This takes you to the ABP site

Here you add the site you want white-listed to get around ABP

You may have to refresh the page to get in. If you still can't get in it may be your anti-virus. Vince at the Stormo Magazine told me about this. What is causing the block is something called Anti-Banner blocking. I run Kaspersky so I click in the toolbar icon and there is an Anti-Banner drop bar; select "Allow on this site"

You may have to hit refresh F5 again but this should get you in. Other anti-virus programs may be different

P3576....
No. 249 Sqn., Boscombe Down, 8-40; shot down by Bf 110 near Southampton, 16/08/40; F/L J. B. Nicholson baled out with burns but survived and awarded the Victoria Cross....

A tad more....perhaps!

Running out of options here. I wanted to do Beurling"s Mk.Vc but it has odd fuselage roundels. I may be able to cobble something together but don't want to start and find out its not doable. My second choice was doing Hasegawa's P-51D "American Aces" kit. I bought this dirt cheap in Victoria and now remember why it was so cheap....no instructions. I'm going to go through the parts and figure out a build sequence. I found a photo of it without D-Day stripes

whats odd about the roundels ?
i have plenty spare, might have what you need mate

Geo................. Google the kit mate. Instructions should be in there somewhere.

.........and we have instructions from here....https://www.aeronautiko.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=74&products_id=34662 using this kit

According to Scalemates this was Hasegawa's "new" tool from 1991. All they have done since then is change decals including my 2008 boxing. I will be doing the kit posted above on Post #35 for my GB. The reasoning for this is I have read Brett Green's evaluation on the Italeri/Special Hobby Spitfire and it requires 12 fixes. As I will be starting the next GB late I want it to go as quickly as possible

Users who are viewing this thread