GB-44 1/48 F-15J Shiro Ruyu White Dragon - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok, the 3 piece Dragon is in place over 2 days, 95% happy with it as their are a few small ripples in parts of the decals in trying to get it to conform to differing curved surfaces and it's just not going to fully settle.

had 2 cracking areas in the white and a couple of portions of the Blue border came away.....actually had a matching Blue paint so that was an easy fix. White turned out ok too.....
Lot of thought went into laying down the decals the best way, copied them on a copier, cut out the sections and spent time getting the positions right so they matched up over the curves, decided that the Head section had to be done first as it had to fit in a certain position to match panel lines the front edge of the wing and of the speed Brake and bottom flap. Then the body next and then the tail with a tiny bit of careful trimming to get the sit right and not overlay the other white sections as this would change the colour of the white once doubled up....so pretty happy in that respect with all the alignment and minimum fuss it took.
So here is where i'm at....
98_Dragon Decal_4778.jpg
99_Dragon Decal_4781.jpg
100_Dragon Decal_4782.jpg
101_Dragon Decals_4786.jpg

Thanks Guys, lots has got in the way, slowing it enough that it won't be done by Sunday.

Got lots of decals on painted and Glossed areas but still not finished painting yet....and left camera at work so Pics are delayed.....

Thanks Guys.

I continue, through this week have assembled the drop tanks and added weights to them.....forgot to stuff some weight in the nose..!
Have finished the Nose and Tail Painting as well and Glossed the entire Bird.
Applied the decals to the Nose area.......and noted that 963 on the starboard side was not quite straight when I took the photo's....so applied a few drops of water to the decal today, waited a while and very carefully raised and reset its position......will be in the next set of pics....

105_Weights_Drop Tanks_4811.jpg
106_Weights-Drop Tanks_4812.jpg
107_Drop Tanks finished & Painted_4889.jpg
108_Tail Paint Done_4893.jpg
109_Fuselage Paint Done_4891.jpg
110_Nose Decals Portside_4905.jpg
111_Nose Decals Starboard_4902.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back