GB-44 1/48 F-15J Shiro Ruyu White Dragon - Military A/C of post-war time (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
Username : Wayne Little
First name : Wayne
Category : Judge – Non competing
Scale : 1/48
Manufacturer / Model : Great Wall Hobby F-15C
Extras : Eduard Cockpit Set, Seat belts and Canopy masks, Two Bobs Decals Shiro Ruyu White Dragon

Ever since I first saw this scheme on the Two Bobs decal sheet many years ago I have wanted to do an F-15J in this scheme. At the time not being sure of When that would be, I decided to buy 2 Sets of Decals, figuring a spare set would be a good idea.
The reasoning being if I messed up any one of the 3 piece Dragon sections I would have a spare, plus it allowed for the not being available scenario as well….if too much time passed.
The F-15J for the most part was identical to the F-15C with a few minor external differences which I will note and try to get right during the build.
The main differences were internally in the Avionics department and thankfully less of an issue to deal with.

F-15J Shiro Ruyu "White Dragon"
Quote from Two Bobs Decal Sheet: " This aircraft was painted with this particular scheme for the 2003 airshow season in Japan. There were four aircraft that were painted in identical schemes but this particular aircraft was the only one with the shark mouth."

Reference Photo's. I have a number of pics collected from various web sites and not really sure of the ownership so to be fair with sources I will not post them, however typing up 'F-15J White Dragon or Shiro Ruyu' will provide reference images for your viewing pleasure.…

Attachments

• F-15C_GWH_4168.jpg
    F-15C_GWH_4168.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 271
  • Two Bobs_Shiro Ruyu_4236.jpg
    Two Bobs_Shiro Ruyu_4236.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 280
  • Two Bobs_Shiro Ruyu Decals_4242.jpg
    Two Bobs_Shiro Ruyu Decals_4242.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 339
  • Two Bobs_Shiro Ruyu Decals_4239.jpg
    Two Bobs_Shiro Ruyu Decals_4239.jpg