GB-44 1/48 F-15J Shiro Ruyu White Dragon - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I really like the engines but it would be nice to have open panels if you go through this much extra time and can't see any of that work. Too many models are coming out this way and it seems to me, it's just a way to raise the parts number.

Yep, got that decision to make on a 1/32 nd F-104, which has the complete engine, with plumbing, and a removable rear fuselage. Make it visible, or glue the lot in place ??!!

Thanks Guys, as i'm doing 2 Birds for this GB I won't be getting side tracked on the engines, both of these aircraft have heaps of decals to apply so that's where the extra time will be spent to get them done.

A bit more prep work in the lower fuselage....
12_Lower fuselage_4360.jpg
13_Lower fuselage_4364.jpg
14_Lower Fuselage_4365.jpg
15_Lower Fuselage_4368.jpg

Good stuff.
We often criticise some kits and / or manufacturers, but seeing that made me think about the planning, and subsequent tooling, of the parts break-down in today's kits, especially those with complex shapes. Some major challenges, and if there's a bit of a fit issue here and there, it's a relatively small price to pay for what we get as the end result.

exceptional model, GWH is a great brand of molds, I have some stored for when I learn to assemble the models well, have time available and the main thing is the way of not measuring the leg as the methodology in the models I assemble.
as always admiring the fine and neat work you do

Thanks Guys, not much to show at present been off the net and not modelling for a couple of days.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back