GB-44 1/48 F-15J Shiro Ruyu White Dragon - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

well...it's past tomorrow, sorry guys.....been a bit distracted as my father in Law has been in ICU for a number of days, out yesterday into a ward, but is really not doing well.....

anyway I have been chipping away and here is some of my progress..... Intake bypass covers and Vulcan cannon installed in the upper fuselage section, Main Engines fitted to lower fuselage and the Fuselage upper and Lower sections assembled.

The rear fuselage tip Portside has been added and on the Starboard the J/APQ-1 Antenna dome mounted on the F-15J
20_Intake bypass Covers4400.jpg
21_Intake bypass Covers_4484.jpg
22_Engines fitted_4483.jpg
23_Fuselage Assembled_4487.jpg
24_Fuselage Assembled_4492.jpg
25_J-APQ-1 Antenna_4506.jpg
26_4507.jpg

Thanks Very much for your comments Guys, appreciate it...some improvement had, but time to leave the hospital, he won't be going home....needs to be somewhere he can be watched, monitored, helped, so my wife and her sister are looking for somewhere for him to be placed......

anyway, back to some happier modelling stuff....tail hook and cover attached to the back end along with the last portion of the engine assembly....the bit that's actually visible...!
27_Tail Hook Cover_4513.jpg
28_Tail Hook Assy_4514.jpg
29_Engine Assy_4519.jpg
30_Engine Assy fitted_4523.jpg
31_Engine & Tail Hook_4527.jpg

Thanks Guys.

One thing that appeared different for the F-15J was in the Flaps and Ailerons, their appeared to be some "reinforcing" or similar as noted on the "J" parts and other kits, as my "C" kit did not have the "J" parts I chose to add some very carefully cut thin plasticard sections to these positions to simulate this. Parts have now been added to the wings along with the rear horizontal stabilisers....

32_reinforcing Strips_4530.jpg
33_Stabs Flaps Ailerons_4532.jpg
34_Stabs Flaps Ailerons_4536.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back