GB 44 Military A/C 1946 - 1982

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Only a week to go and so confused. I have so many to think about. It's the old Matchbox kit re released by Revell with a Cobra Company interior and Caracal decals.

IMG_20191026_102157421.jpg
IMG_20191026_102255552.jpg
IMG_20191026_102308266.jpg

Looking good but I prefer the single-seater variant. However I have somewhere in my stash a Revell 1/72 scale kit for the A-1E too.

I have a 1:48 AC-130 which will have no where to live if I build it
Build it Build it Build it..........You know you want to
diablo.gif

I have a few options for this GB, although they are comparatively "old fashioned".......

I don't often do jets unless they are WW2 subjects. Here are three contenders for the GB i dug out of the stash (all with fans :))

View attachment 558071View attachment 558072View attachment 558073

I also have the FR47 Airfix Seafire, although i have read its not the easiest kit to build.

Cheers Greg
Start them all, finish what you can
frantic.gif

I just went to my three go-to sites for checking out future builds: ARC, Modeling Madness and Hyperscale and found a grand total of 4 C/AC-130s built, this among 7 gazillion Spitfire and 6 brazillion P-51 builds. One guy was moved to tears and it looks like the other three were to stunned for words

Wuss........the guy on Utube built his in under 45 minutes including scribing and weathering and didn't seem at all sussed about it..........just that it was hard to photograph it while building it because of it's size.

That's pretty nice! 1/72?

Another one for the build, just not sure where I'll go but this is drawing my very high interest level. I served in both the 43rd and 305th during my 20 years in the USAF, and I help a bit on the TB-58 restoration at Grissom AFB at the time the home of the 305th ArEFW.
IMG_20191027_122221259.jpg
IMG_20191027_122245872.jpg

Thanks for the feedback folks :)

I will start with the Skyraider, and, time permitting, do the Buchon, which is a more recent addition to the stash. I was looking for a 1/48 Buchon but can't find one anywhere without paying silly money for it. I was hoping Academy would reissue it for the 50th anniversary of the BoB movie, but it looks unlikely now....

Special Hobby do a (1/72) BoB movie version of the kit too.

Cheers, Greg

Last edited:
The Academy Spanish Air Force Buchon kit is still around - comes up on e-bay now and then. Also, check out King Kit, they may have a seconhand example. It's easy to make it into a BoB movie example, although I had to make my own badge decals for the JG shields.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back