GB 45 Split Build - Battle of Britain / Aircraft in Foreign Service and Minor Nations (incl Lend Lease) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
2 weeks away. First part is self explanatory. Second part; I'm assuming this is WW2 but does this include captured or is it Spitfires serving with the U.S., Mustangs with Britain, Bf 109s with Croatia, etc?

I read this as three parts:

1 BoB yada yada
2 US built in RAF service, German built in Croatian service, etc. NOT captured unless put into service.
3 Aircraft in service with "minor" countries like Greece, Holland, Finland etc. This is to get us away from the usual German, British and US subjects.

Yes all WW2.

Geez I'm still working on my Aces GB subject. I don't have any BoB stuff in the stash anymore so may throw in a Avia B534 or a Finnish Gladiator. I also have a Mitchell I could do in RAF marks but I don't want to do another twin for a while.

Pretty sure I might be out of this one. I have one Spitfire Mk.I but I'm saving that for the 57 O.T.U markings to go with my stripey nose Spit which I think may have been my first S to F build on the forum. I'll have to go through the stash and deecals

I've got about another 20 or more BoB subjects, and others that would fit the other 'sections' of this GB, but I'll have to duck out, as I have other stuff to do, mainly the 46 Sqn builds, to be ready by the end of May !

This is not looking good. Only 3 people have chimed in and two of them aren't participating. And I'm a judge!

A week away from the the start of this GB fellas. Let's get the discussion going.

Guys, please think the GB title through. It is a little bit too long and won't fit the ribbon of the GB icon.

So Macchi C.205 is good?
Simple enough even if I have to start Mar 1......
Be nice to do just ONE again............

GB45 Macchi C.205 kit.jpg

80th Anniversary of the BoB, needs to be marked, i'll pitch in :salute:

I have plenty of options for this in the stash, Spitfire, Hurricane, Defiant, and a few of the Luftwaffe types.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back