GB 45 Split Build - Battle of Britain / Aircraft in Foreign Service and Minor Nations (incl Lend Lease)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Might skip this one. I am looking at a Stirling bomber but that hasn't even been purchased or researched.
All my 109s and Lancasters are done. John

I read this as three parts:

1 BoB yada yada
2 US built in RAF service, German built in Croatian service, etc. NOT captured unless put into service.
3 Aircraft in service with "minor" countries like Greece, Holland, Finland etc. This is to get us away from the usual German, British and US subjects.

Yes all WW2.

Geez I'm still working on my Aces GB subject. I don't have any BoB stuff in the stash anymore so may throw in a Avia B534 or a Finnish Gladiator. I also have a Mitchell I could do in RAF marks but I don't want to do another twin for a while.
How about a captured german Avia? They did use them a lot for training. And in the thread of this plane are more then enough examples.

Don, the AVG P-40 is fine.

Snautzer, yes, that was one of the options I as considering but I may keep my B.534 kit for the Between the Wars" GB. Looks like a Finnish Gladiator for me.

My questions:
Would the spit mk V of SAAF serve in the MTO? Or the prototypes of an example from the Netherlands? I have the F XXI fokker that remained in the prototype and did not go into service.
Of the foreign countries, the Slovak, Croatian, Bulgarian Me109 would be useful? But for the whole conflict or for a specific era? the Italians had the very cool ME 109g of colorful camouflage, or the Germans the g55 or the mc 205 veltro ...

So to fit the bill we are talking about July to October 1940 right? That only applies to British and German planes or am I wrong.

My questions:
Would the spit mk V of SAAF serve in the MTO? Or the prototypes of an example from the Netherlands? I have the F XXI fokker that remained in the prototype and did not go into service.
Of the foreign countries, the Slovak, Croatian, Bulgarian Me109 would be useful? But for the whole conflict or for a specific era? the Italians had the very cool ME 109g of colorful camouflage, or the Germans the g55 or the mc 205 veltro ...

In my opinion, SAAF Spitfire qualifies. The prototype does not. Balkan and Italian 109's qualify for any period in WW2 and German-marked Italian aircraft qualify.

So to fit the bill we are talking about July to October 1940 right? That only applies to British and German planes or am I wrong.

For the Battle of Britain part of this build, yes to those dates. Generally limited to German and British air forces but the Italians also took part to a limited extent in the BoB toward the end so do your research.

I'd welcome other input here as it's looking like I'm the only one calling the shots!!!

Italian aircraft for the BoB would be doubtful - although some Italian units were in France / Belgium at the end of October, their first real action was after the 'official' end of the Battle.

According to Wiki, which is never wrong ;), the Corpo Aereo's first raid was to Harwich and Felixstowe on the night of 24/25 October. There was another on October 29. I assume we are using the END of October as the last day of the BoB.

Thanks for the clarification gentlemen.
Well, it's already decided for the next event ..

Dare I say it, I am going to try to enter again... (God knows where or when I will be able to do any airbrushing though)

1. Foreign Service: Siebel Si 202 Hummel, Royal Hungarian Air Force (civil registration, HA-MAE)
2. (Time/ circumstances permitting) Battle of Britain: Spitfire Mk.Ia, KL-B P9398, flown by Alan Deere, 54 Sqn RAF.

Okay...I'm in. Found this at the very bottom of the stash

1580349217808.png

Four choices....two Swiss, one Italian and one Hungarian. Torn between the last two and leaning toward the last one...

1580349442359.png

Tamiya offers these as canopy masks...

1580349533813.png

....lots of bendy parts to cut out so I just purchased this

1580350044403.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back