GB 45 Split Build - Battle of Britain / Aircraft in Foreign Service and Minor Nations (incl Lend Lease)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes Karl I do see it and that feature doesn't show up in the profile. I am theorizing here and suggest that what was done here is as follows:

Start with completely silver airplane
Paint wing uppers a medium grey including over insignia
On fuselage and wing underside paint completely in a wave pattern of light blue or light grey leaving a silver mottle.
Paint a khaki wave disruptive pattern over fuselage blue/silver and over wing upper medium grey.

I think I've found my subject! I have the Eduard Bf 109G-6 (both early and late), sooooooo well add this for the twist!

s-l1600 (1).jpg
messerschmitt-bf-109g-6-in-finnish-service-1.jpg
messerschmitt-bf-109g-6-in-finnish-service-2.jpg
messerschmitt-bf-109g-6-in-finnish-service-3.jpg

Yep. I think we are limiting this to WW2 era since we're in the midst of a post war GB.

BTW, I've been advised that the profile of the Norwegian Gladiator I posted earlier was NOT by Junaita Franzi. Someone doctored it to add her name.

Hello,

Argh ! So many choices for me in this GB !!! :oops::rolleyes:

BoB
- Great Britain: Spitfire I Eric Lock
- New-Zealand: Spitfire I Colin Gray
- Nazi Germany: Bf 109E-4 A. Galland

Aircraft in Foreign Service and Minor Nations
- Bulgaria: Bf 109G-6 Stoyan Stoyanov
- Croatia: Bf 109G-6 Mato Dukovac
- Finland: Buffalo B-239 Hans Wind, Buffalo B-239 Eino Juutilainen, Buffalo B-239 J. Karhunen, Bf 109>G-6 Olli Puhakka, Bf 109G-2 or G-6 Olavi Puro, Fiat G.50 Oiva Tuominen
- Hungary: Bf 109F-4 Dezsö Szentgyörgyi, Bf 109F-4 György Debrödy, Bf 109G-6 Lajos Tóth
- Romania: Bf 109G-4 Constantin Cantacuzino, Bf 109G-2 Alexandru Serbanescu, Bf 109G-4 Ioan Milu
- Slovakia: Bf 109G-4 Izidor Kovarik, Bf 109G-4 Jan Reznak, Bf 109G-4 Jan Gerthofer

- Lend Lease: P-39D or N Gregory Rechkalov, P-39N Alexandr Pokryshkin
When I can't decide, I let my wife choose :rolleyes::lol:

I hope I'll have the time to join it if I succed to finish my "P-47D chain manufacturing" in time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back