GB 45 Split Build - Battle of Britain / Aircraft in Foreign Service and Minor Nations (incl Lend Lease)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Besides the Slovakian Bf 109 I also have this kit

1582969999977.png

These are the sprues...

1582970486900.png
1582970511136.png
1582970532668.png

From what I've been able to gather from another review is that this is a re-box of Academy's G-6 kit with the taller tail of the G-14 added. My question is, looking at the sprues, what is needed to keep this as a bog standard G-6? If needed I can take closer photos of the sprues. I did read in another build that the windscreen is too narrow. Off to PG shortly and I'll do a test fit when I get home. If it is, that may be the deal breaker unless I have one in the spares

Besides the Slovakian Bf 109 I also have this kit

From what I've been able to gather from another review is that this is a re-box of Academy's G-6 kit with the taller tail of the G-14 added. My question is, looking at the sprues, what is needed to keep this as a bog standard G-6? If needed I can take closer photos of the sprues. I did read in another build that the windscreen is too narrow. Off to PG shortly and I'll do a test fit when I get home. If it is, that may be the deal breaker unless I have one in the spares

You're gonna do another one?
In two weeks?
How do you do That?

From what I've been able to gather from another review is that this is a re-box of Academy's G-6 kit with the taller tail of the G-14 added. My question is, looking at the sprues, what is needed to keep this as a bog standard G-6?

All depends on the period of the time the G-6 was assembled. I mean early,mid late 1943 or 1944. Also you may check on the Academy G-6 kit and its instruction. If the basic sprues are the same you can find out what parts you may use.

Thanks Terry. I did a test fit of the windscreen and as with the build I read, the windscreen is too narrow by just over .5mm on either side. The Eduard G-6 duo combo has a plethora of windscreens and canopies so I'll have a look at what's what tomorrow

So here is a question that may open this up a bit more. Will "minor nations" include those who flew under British colors. ie Polish, Dutch, Norwegian, ect.. squadrons, GB commonwealth squadrons NZ, Australia etc...? I know many can be done under BOB but many can be covered later in the war and around the world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back