GB 45 Split Build - Battle of Britain / Aircraft in Foreign Service and Minor Nations (incl Lend Lease)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Update to Post #92. As mentioned, the Eduard kit has 4 "different" windscreens with one not to be used(?). I haven't had a close look at them to look for differences but I took the one not to be used and measured it up to the Academy offering. Some surgery will be required and probably at bit of sanding but it looks like a fit.

IMG_0002(1).JPG

I should have my last 104 done today so I'll probably start GB45 tomorrow. I may or may not do the Eduard kit in tandem but that kit has a brazillion parts and I've already lost half a month

That should work.
Strange though, as I don't recall any fit or size problems with the 'screen when I built mine, although i do remember altering the cross frame slightly.

Odd.
Here's a couple of pics of the 'screen during my build. No size or fit issues, apart from the incorrect cross frame at the top of the 'screen.
The cross frame was sanded off, the screen polished, and a new frame lightly engraved further up the screen, before masking ready for paint.

Fransisket build 101.JPG
Fransisket build 102.JPG

I went to the LHS to pick up some white paint and walked out with not only the white paint but the new Tamiya Spitfire Mk I kit. Thought it would be fun to build a late and early Spit together and compare the Tamiya and Airfix kits. One scheme is definitely BoB, the famous DW-K of 610 Squadron, but the one that appeals is the No 19 Squadron bird decked out in the black and white undersides flown over Dinkirk - a bit early for BoB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back