GB-46 1:48 Il-2m3 - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So first of all, the seam at the nose was fixed:

View attachment 599350

For the rails, I more or less eyeballed the length and shape from various pictures and profiles and cut 4 of them from 1mm styrene sheet.

View attachment 599351

With the 4 of them clamped together, I cut the notches with a file.

View attachment 599352

I then added the various fastener holes with a pin and then CA-glued a strip of very thin styrene centred along the bottom of each one. The strip was 1.8 mm wide and so overhangs the pod a bit on each side. The overhang was then pinched with a pair of flat needle nose pliers and then bent downwards. The one clamped in the tweezers below has been bent and the others are still flat.

View attachment 599353

Next, the areas on the underside where the rails are to be fastened were scraped to remove the paint....

View attachment 599354

...and then the rails were glued in place.

View attachment 599355

I actually forgot to taper the back ends of the rail fairings and so will do that once the glue is fully dry. I think these will work out nicely. Thanks for the input guys.

1603536910502.png

1603537059374.png

Thanks guys. I kinda fizzled on my progress shots as the model is now finished and placed in the cabinet. Didn't think it worth while to post finished pics but thanks for the interest shown.

Thanks guys. I kinda fizzled on my progress shots as the model is now finished and placed in the cabinet. Didn't think it worth while to post finished pics but thanks for the interest shown.
Sorry, but cant agree with that. I followed this one closely and i would like to see the end result. So if you have a moment to spare, that would be nice. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back