GB-46 1/48 La-5FN - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello,

I'm ready for the decals :)
DSCN5305.JPGDSCN5307.JPG

But I need opinion regarding the shape of "white 01" of the Zvezda decals. IMHO, i think the 0 is a little too "squared"
zvezda4801.jpg
Here the original
Popkov V .I. -La5FN.jpg
And here is the Aeromaster decal sheet 48-086 on which the 0 is rounder... Maybe too much... :rolleyes:
AM48086.jpg

What's the best option ?

As memo serves a couple of older sources show the markings you mentioned as applied with the yellow colour though. But if you have a look at the red used for the stars you may noticed the the main star looks like being more faded than the small ones of the victory markings. It may indicate that the white bands and victory markings could have been applied later.

I agree with Wojtek. However, I wonder why, in the original picture, the "white" bands appear to be lighter than the "white" numbers and the border of the star.
As memo serves a couple of older sources show the markings you mentioned as applied with the yellow colour though. But if you have a look at the red used for the stars you may noticed the the main star looks like being more faded than the small ones of the victory markings. It may indicate that the white bands and victory markings could have been applied later.
Yes this point was often debated and an answer is on the Massimo Tessitori website SovietWarPlanes, this aircraft wore the standard markings red star with white and red outline and white number. She had been already used when V. Popkov added victories and the 2 white bands. This is the reason why the star and number seems faded/darker.

Hello,

Decals done :)
DSCN5329.JPGDSCN5330.JPGDSCN5331.JPG
There is a small gap but I couldn't do better: when it was good on the left, it was no good on the right ! :rolleyes:. "White 01" maybe too close to the white bands and stars (victory markings) on the decal are a little too far apart compared to the original photo... :oops:

I keep working :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back