GB-46 1:72 Bristol Beaufighter - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks again all
bow.gif

And moving right along I figure it's probably best to install the gear doors before gettin on to the gear legs. Here you can see what a joy it would be to paint the gear parts with the doors in the way....
IMG_2869.jpg

And of course there has to be one in every crowd, nothing to do with me trying to pick it up when it was wet........tried sanding it down a touch
IMG_2870.jpg

But I got a better result with a Qtip dipped in some alcohol
IMG_2873.jpg

Fixed
IMG_2875.jpg

and then another multiple expletive moment. No idea what happened to it. Oh well I'll figure something out I suppose

IMG_2877.jpg

And here it is with the engines all painted up, and just hangin out while the doors set up. I'm quite pleased with it's turning out.

IMG_2876.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

bye.gif

Been a while since I posted anything but I haven't been totally slackin off......

Decals on, I found, after a bit of trial and error, which damaged an upper roundel, that the best way to apply the Airfix decals is to wet the area under the decal with MicroSol and then apply it.
IMG_2886.jpg

then there is the "lets scratch off some paint off the wheels" problem and solution
IMG_2887.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg

and some better pics, can't seem to capture the full extent of the weathering though

IMG_2891.jpg
IMG_2892.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

As soon as I finish fixing the torpedo I'll add a couple nigglies and done.

I would say it is a kind of a protecton used for handling

:thumbright:

Accidentally deployed dinghy got caught.

Looking really good Tim. I too find that some weathering does get lost in photos unless you get really close in with a Macro lens.

Thanks again all, well the torpedo is being a pita, while Mr.Clumsy here was attempting smooth things up he broke off the replacement rod.........sigh, and now the other side is threatening to depart ways as well. So time for a chill

First the first bit
IMG_2895.jpg

All ready to go
IMG_2896.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

And here we go agian
IMG_2905.jpg

letting things set up for a bit
IMG_2906.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back