GB 46 1:72 Hs 123B-1 - WW2 Eastern Front/ Twin Engine A/C, Transport and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A4K

Brigadier General
Dec 17, 2007
The back of beyond
User Name: A4k
First Name: Evan
Category: 2- Intermediate
Scale: 1:72
Kit: Fly #72008: Henschel Hs-123 A
Accessories:
Yahu # YMA7300: Henschel Hs 123 instrument panel
Colibri decals # 72041: Hs-123 A/B Over The USSR

Will be modelling Hs 123B-1 <L + -, W.nr. 848, II/SG.2, Crimea, April 1944.

Cheers guys, and yeah, so do I Andy!

Box art, injected sprues, resin casts, and subject build.

STA56945.JPG
STA56946.JPG
STA56947.JPG

Cheers guys, and Snautzer (sorry, I don't know your name) - DANKE!!!

In light of your info, that photo (that had me disagreeing with Colibri's RLM 71 'only' upper surfaces), and the contradictory decal instructions themselves*, I'm not convinced of the accuracy of my chosen scheme at all!
(* picture is supposedly W.Nr. '848', but the W.Nr. illustrated is 2250(!), according to your list Hptm Joseph Menapace's aircraft, for which they also have markings, but nothing like Gelbes L's, and no W.Nr!)

...And just to add to the pandemonium, aircraft with canvas wings and control surfaces are commonly referred to as 'Hs 123A-1's, and all metal construction aircraft as 'Hs 123B's, yet from what I'm reading in my books and the net, only one example of the Hs 123B was ever built before production ended - an -A with a BMW 132K engine in new cowling! Talk about bloody confusing!!!

As I've started sanding parts already (short run kit, so a little bit of work), I'm determined to build a Russian Front Hs 123 of some sort or other... Will continue searching photos for a 'confirmed' scheme.

Just ordered both Kagero books on the Hs 123, not too many photos to be found on the net. (I have 5 Einszweidreis to be made, in various colour schemes)

Still leaning towards < L for this build subject, but also considering other options - hoping the books will confirm/ deny profiles so I can make a final decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back