GB 46 1:72 Hs 123B-1 - WW2 Eastern Front/ Twin Engine A/C, Transport and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff Evan.
I'm doing something similar for the Blenheim Mk.IV, researching and collecting info, and I've just ordered Graham Warner's book (hard-back, 2nd edition, up-dated and with further additions) , for a very good price (£13.99 + shipping). Most others I've seen advertised range between around £39 to over £100.
I want to pin down a subject, and date etc, and get it as accurate as possible for the period depicted.

Good stuff Terry!
I also got a great deal (on E-bay). The cheapest Kagero Monograph book was advertised as €20.70 (incl. postage), the Kagero Top Drawings book €25.35 - I scored both together for €27! :)

Last edited:
Yep, some great photos there Snautzer, cheers for the link! 90% of what I'm finding myself is just other people's models, artist's impressions and completely unrelated stuff, not many useful photos of actual aircraft!

The Kagero books arrived last week, and I have a question: Can anyone confirm or deny the accuracy of their plan drawings? If their plans are correct, neither Airfix, Avis/A- Model, nor Fly have produced an accurate 123!

Of the bunch, the closest is the Avis/ A- Model kit, the only one to get the wing plan form exactly right (according to Kagero's plans), though panel lines do not match the plans and will need filling and rescribing if Kagero's plans are correct.
The common problem with all available 1:72 kits is the fuselage length and form - all are too short with resultant dimension issues.
Here again, the closest is the Avis/ A- Model kit, but this too will need cutting in 2 locations and stretching. The rudder will also need to be enlarged.

As I like my models to be as accurate as possible, this is now alot more work than I anticipated (again...) so I have decided to do an easier build for this GB first (a Hasegawa Ki-46-II Dinah, which matches plans almost PERFECTLY!), then later correct one of my Avis kits for this thread.

Cheers Andy. No surviving 123s, so I guess they are relying on any surviving documents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back