GB-47 1/48 Hawker Typhoon - WW2 D-Day and After – Western Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"slowly" would be right!

This afternoon I trussed up my model and glued everything. The port side needed to have the wing lifted higher to get the right angle and the other side not so much - a shame because the starboard side had the bigger gap - hence the asymmetrical placement of the elastic bands in the following pics. The gap on the starboard side was filled with copious amounts of stretched sprue, Tamiya Extra thin, and then some CA for good measure. More filing and smoothing - yay.....

20112101.jpg

With the landing gear temporarily fitted, I checked that the distance from the wing tip to the bench top was the same on both sides with my dial vernier gauge - bang on!

20112103.jpg

20112102.jpg

So we file, sand, prime some more until the next update, which could be a while.....

Last edited:
Hick !

I have a cheap, plastic caliper / circle cutter, but the adjustment for accurate measurement is so darned stiff, it's virtually useless. Think I've used it twice.
Bit late to help you now, but I've just found my detailed scale drawings for the Typhoon !

Andy, if you want to do another with Tempest tail-planes, then the "Ultracast" examples are designed to just slip over the Hasegawa mouldings.
I have some to be used with the old Monogram kit (my Hasegawa kit is the 'car door' version), and it looks like they'll also fit on that kit without much extra work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back