GB-48 1/72 Heinkel He 112B-0 - Military A/C before 1939 (incl Spanish Civil War) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

New update on the build... Main paint job is done and I started to work on the canopy. I've managed to adjust the forward part of the canopy by careful sanding so it now sits just right on the fuselage. However there's still a gap in the aft part so here some sort of filling will be needed to close it. I might try Terry's suggestion from few posts back. Another unplanned issue was with the spinner, which was of noticeably smaller diameter then the forward fuselage. I've fixed this by adding thin plastic plate on the base of the spinner enlarging it's diameter.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    985.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Thwarted at the finish line...
I had a mishap with a tail flag decal which I partially tear up by accident. What happened is that flag decal did not cover completely leading and trailing edges of the tail surface. I wanted to cover these areas with red paint, so while I was trying to mask edges of the flag I tore it up by adjusting the masking tape. Stupid I know, but this is not something I can fix on short notice. I don't have spare decals for the tail flag so I need to order it from hobby shop. This will take some time, so in any case I'm missing the GB deadline with this one.
For what is worth thanks for your comments and for showing interest.

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    853.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 31
Shame Igor.
What about carefully masking above and below the line of the red, after first giving the area a clear coat, then re-touching the white circle by hand, using a fine brush. Let this fully dry, then carefully re-paint the red, starting on the edge of the circle ?
The damage to the circle is fairly small, so I think this should be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back