GB 52 Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Close. I have the instructions downloaded and there are no bombs included in the kit? Most of the SM79s that I have found, that are not torpedo types, show no bombs attached? Maybe I need to build mine sans bombs as well?
italri.jpg

Close. I have the instructions downloaded and there are no bombs included in the kit? Most of the SM79s that I have found, that are not torpedo types, show no bombs attached? Maybe I need to build mine sans bombs as well?
View attachment 646100

Actually the SM.79 had the internal, not too large bomb bay in the fuselage offset to the starboard. Therefore there are no pics with bombs carried on the external racks. These were added for the torpedo loads because the load was too large ( long ) to fit in the bomb bay.

Savoia-Marchetti_SM79 bomb bay.jpg

Ahh! That makes sense. I just hadn't gotten far enough along in research to have discovered that. Sure will beat having to stow a 2ft plus model (George)?

November 1, 2021 to March 5, 2022 GB 52 "WW2 Heavy Hitters"

This Group Build will be for any aircraft in WW2 service that was designed and used primarily as a level bomber....
I have a question: are early models of US-bombers that didn't go overseas included in this GB as well? If an US a/c was in service in 1940-1941 (before Dec.7) is this considered WW2 service or not resp. is WW2 service to be seen between Sept.1 1939 and Sept.2 1945?

I have a question: are early models of US-bombers that didn't go overseas included in this GB as well? If an US a/c was in service in 1940-1941 (before Dec.7) is this considered WW2 service or not resp. is WW2 service to be seen between Sept.1 1939 and Sept.2 1945?
Such as? B-18 Bolo did service in the PI! If I recall the PI was operation B-10's still at the time of the attack. I know China was operating them. I'm not the judge but I would say yes to the question as long as it was designed and is build in it primary roll as a bomber. My two cent's worth and with present inflation I guess I owe more then $5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back