GB-58 1/48 Beaufighter Mk. IF - Night Fighters all Eras (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You're welcome Don.
Note that the RF units were on the port side, not starboard as stated in my previous post (now corrected).
It would be a long and involved job trying to replicate the earlier drum feed arrangement for the canons. The breeches were visible either side of a central "walkway", with the drums on top of each weapon, and spare drums racked up on either side, a little like the earlier Bf110 arrangement
I'd either leave "as is", or maybe just delete the tanks.

You're welcome Don.
Note that the RF units were on the port side, not starboard as stated in my previous post (now corrected).
It would be a long and involved job trying to replicate the earlier drum feed arrangement for the canons. The breeches were visible either side of a central "walkway", with the drums on top of each weapon, and spare drums racked up on either side, a little like the earlier Bf110 arrangement
I'd either leave "as is", or maybe just delete the tanks.
I was thinking about "Stealing" an Eduard 110! No good? I've got some pics from the one at the NMUSAF Wright Patterson AFB.

Nope that's just stowage

IMG_2169.jpeg

I read that this was only used for the fist builds but was quickly changed due to the difficulty of man handling and changing out the Fifty pound drums. Wasn't sure if it was all Mk I's or changed during production run.

A little update..

The heater ducting. the yellow arrow is from the Tamiya kit, it looks correct according to all inputs. the light blue is from the Revell kit, to say the least it is coming up short in a number of places..
2023-05-13_12-22-09_785.jpeg

I bought a set of Kitsworld 3d seatbelts to use here, but I have no clue how these should go together and one of Kitsworld's pluses, they don't tell you anything about how to use....
2023-05-13_12-22-39_003.jpeg

Any suggestions on how to use would be welcome, well save for where to put them on my body....

I see. I'm sure you noticed that the harnasses are for Spits and Hurricanes. The ones for the Beau may be slightly different. Anyway please check on that link ...

I see. I'm sure you noticed that the harnasses are for Spits and Hurricanes. The ones for the Beau may be slightly different. Anyway please check on that link ...

IMG_2181.jpeg

Now that helps immensely!

The shoulder harness on the Spit was connected to ae tensioner reel in the back of the fuselage. The tensioner on the Beau was likely (don't know for sure) on the back of the seat so the belts would drape over the back rather than extend horizontally to the rear.

Getting a b it more done, My son came in for a visit and has just left so back at it....
I installed the 20MM ammo cans and then it was suggested by Terry this would be incorrect for this model, He is quite correct but attempting to remove them with out damaging anything else, well let's just say, they stayed. This mosel should have had replacable drums as can be seen in the Smithsonian bird seen below.. Revell missed this little bit o' info...
2023-05-21_17-16-53_418.jpeg
2023-05-21_17-17-03_279.jpeg

190423-F-IO108-051-1.jpg

I ended up choosing to use the heating duct from the Tamiya, Figure I could get another one from Tamiya.
2023-05-21_17-19-29_782.jpeg
2023-05-21_17-19-34_984.jpeg

And the fuselage halfs are test fit. Looks pretty good save for the very forward in front of the cockpit which is a bit a pressre to hold but will do so..
2023-05-21_17-42-14_252.jpeg
2023-05-21_17-42-39_856.jpeg
2023-05-21_17-42-42_870.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back