GB 58 and beyond

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I like the idea of the Spanish Civil war, which was a specific point in time and had a wide variety of aircraft.

It would be great to see other events like this (in the future, don't want to mess up.the spreadsheet!) for builds, like the 1939 invasion of Poland, the 1940 Greco-Italian war (Greece had a great variety of types), the Winter War between Finland and the Soviet Union or even the 1948 Arab-Israeli war, which was perhaps the last great battle with WWII aircraft.

My two penneth worth:

Spitfires - All marks pre and post war including Seafires.

WW2 Eastern Front : including Finish conflict with Russia

Battle for Berlin - Night or day

Ground Attack - All eras

Nose Art - All era's

Maritime - Costal/Navy/seaplanes WW2

One trick Pony - as previously described

Early Jets - WW2 to 1950's

Cheers Greg 👍

My two penneth worth:

Spitfires - All marks pre and post war including Seafires.

WW2 Eastern Front : including Finish conflict with Russia

Battle for Berlin - Night or day

Ground Attack - All eras

Nose Art - All era's

Maritime - Costal/Navy/seaplanes WW2

One trick Pony - as previously described

Early Jets - WW2 to 1950's

Cheers Greg 👍
Please define "Cheers Greg" build? What type and era? Would this be at a bar in Bean Town?

I like the idea of the Spanish Civil war, which was a specific point in time and had a wide variety of aircraft.

It would be great to see other events like this (in the future, don't want to mess up.the spreadsheet!) for builds, like the 1939 invasion of Poland, the 1940 Greco-Italian war (Greece had a great variety of types), the Winter War between Finland and the Soviet Union or even the 1948 Arab-Israeli war, which was perhaps the last great battle with WWII aircraft.
I agree with you and have suggested campaign or event related builds before but they (Battle for France, North of 60, etc) but they got little interest.

Jock Tamson Jock Tamson thanks for those. I'll add your inputs later today.

Getting close to last call.......

Good golly miss molly!
Been going thru personal work stuff here, a bit of a crisis.
Hopefully it gets taken care of today, fingers crossed.
So I been left in the dust over just a coupe of days.
I'll have to take a look back and see whats up.
First off............ what is One Trick Pony? Mustangs????

1. No Props
2. Carrier
3. Afterlife? What The???
4. PTO
5. Zombie
6. Trainers
7. At War's End!1945-46
8. One Trick Pony

Last edited:
Good golly miss molly!
Been going thru personal work stuff here, a bit of a crisis.
Hopefully it gets taken care of today, fingers crossed.
So I been left in the dust over just a coupe of days.
I'll have to take a look back and see whats up.
First off............ what is One Trick Pony? Mustangs????

1. No Props
2. Carrier
3. Afterlife? What The???
4. PTO
5. Zombie
6. Trainers
7. At War's End!1945-46
8. ?
Bill,

One Trick Pony is nothing but Mustangs, including the twin.
Afterlife is WW2 aircraft serving after WW2 as either military or civilian birds.

Last edited:
Things are slowing down alot so looks like we are nearing the end of this. With the above inputs, I've done the following:

Jock Tamson Jock Tamson 's pick are in. With your vote for Ground Attack a/c ALL ERAS, I've opened up the theme from just WW2 Ground Attack to "All Eras" and put your vote there. I have also included your Early Jets in "No Propellers".

N4521U N4521U 's picks are in and I included the vot for "Afterlife", even with the "what the????" still in the selection. "At War's End - 1945-46" went as a vote for #40 "Aircraft Operating 1945 - 1955".

I also changed my own votes, taking my vote for "One Trick Pony" away and adding it to "Twin Engined a/c all eras".

So here's how it looks now. At the moment, we have a clean (i.e. no ties) top 8 above the red line.

Capture.JPG

So, we still have not heard from a few of our "regulars": le_steph40 le_steph40 , Bernhart Bernhart , and Davecww1 Davecww1 . If you three plan to submit your picks, do it by this coming Sunday, Feb 12 please.

Likewise to Airframes Airframes (can add 7 choices to his 1), GrauGeist GrauGeist (can add 4 choices to his 4), PlasticHero PlasticHero (has one choice left), and Warbirdnutball Warbirdnutball (has one choice left). If you guys want to add votes/choices please do so by this coming Sunday, Feb 12 please.

ANY VOTES RECEIVED AFTER SUNDAY FEB 12 WILL NOT BE ADDED TO THE LIST

To everyone who has contributed, first of all thank-you for the great ideas! Secondly, I propose to put a deadline of end of day next Wednesday, Feb 15, to allow changes to your votes and to have all of your choices locked in, after which we will select our 8 finalists for the GB.
As stated at the beginning, if we have a tie for the last spot we'll need to run a poll to select which theme makes the schedule so vote/change wisely! I will continue to update the list with any changes received as soon as I can so you can all see what moves are happening.

Cat Wrangler

Things are slowing down alot so looks like we are nearing the end of this. With the above inputs, I've done the following:

Jock Tamson Jock Tamson 's pick are in. With your vote for Ground Attack a/c ALL ERAS, I've opened up the theme from just WW2 Ground Attack to "All Eras" and put your vote there. I have also included your Early Jets in "No Propellers".

N4521U N4521U 's picks are in and I included the vot for "Afterlife", even with the "what the????" still in the selection. "At War's End - 1945-46" went as a vote for #40 "Aircraft Operating 1945 - 1955".

I also changed my own votes, taking my vote for "One Trick Pony" away and adding it to "Twin Engined a/c all eras".

So here's how it looks now. At the moment, we have a clean (i.e. no ties) top 8 above the red line.

View attachment 706431

So, we still have not heard from a few of our "regulars": le_steph40 le_steph40 , Bernhart Bernhart , and Davecww1 Davecww1 . If you three plan to submit your picks, do it by this coming Sunday, Feb 12 please.

Likewise to Airframes Airframes (can add 7 choices to his 1), GrauGeist GrauGeist (can add 4 choices to his 4), PlasticHero PlasticHero (has one choice left), and Warbirdnutball Warbirdnutball (has one choice left). If you guys want to add votes/choices please do so by this coming Sunday, Feb 12 please.

ANY VOTES RECEIVED AFTER SUNDAY FEB 12 WILL NOT BE ADDED TO THE LIST

To everyone who has contributed, first of all thank-you for the great ideas! Secondly, I propose to put a deadline of end of day next Wednesday, Feb 15, to allow changes to your votes and to have all of your choices locked in, after which we will select our 8 finalists for the GB.
As stated at the beginning, if we have a tie for the last spot we'll need to run a poll to select which theme makes the schedule so vote/change wisely! I will continue to update the list with any changes received as soon as I can so you can all see what moves are happening.

Cat Wrangler
Thank you for all you work on the kitty 🐈‍⬛ rodeo!

Cheers Greg sounds vaguely British...

I hope that you saved each "kitten's" votes as a separate entry. My new list is here. The dashes are my early thoughts on what I might build.

Carrier & Maritime all era - F-14?
One Trick Pony - P-51B
Stormy Weather
No Props any era - Harrier? YF-23?
Zombie
Ground Attack any era - Harrier?
Night Fighters - Hellcat EDU-7079
edu07079__68781.jpg
dibs
Very Heavy Hitters any era - Lanc Dambuster? V-Bomber

I had many a good laugh and some deep thoughts about what I might do for each of the suggestions. Thanks to our cat-wrangler supreme Crimea_River Crimea_River .

are you going to do an A-10 Bill if the "All Eras" Ground attack crosses the line.....?

or drop it in the No Props any era......:)
see why I need your help!!!!!!!! who is it that use the Phrase DOH?
I do have an F-86 in mind for the No Props, Bob Love's "Bernis Bo"
But then again it would fit Multi any era, dbl DOH!!!
If I do an A-10, it would be in 72nd scale =245mm wing span!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back