**** DONE: GB-61 1/48 Hawker Sea Fury FB.11 – Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks again gents for stopping by. Not much to show as I spent most of the day splashing on a protective layer or two on the paintwork. However I did manage a couple of hoiurs on the bench and sorted the hydraulic line on the oleo legs. I'll give them a bit of a paint tomorrow and then work on highlighting the panel lines.

View attachment 773091
I love the fiddly bits that don't get covered up after you close them up.

Many thanks for dropping by folks. Just a little update of my pottering s over the last coupler of days. I made a couple of stuff-up with the paintwork i.e. the walkway was incorrect and then I had a little paint peel when removing the masking. All fixed now and most of the must fix on bits are done and ready. Much of yesterday and today has been spraying to get a reasonable shiny coat for decaling. I'm not game to do decals today as the SWMBO and I have been up half the night and I'm too dog tired to trust myself with delicate work like decals.

So here is it as it stands now.
20240413 1.JPG

20240413 2.JPG

Now I'm off to veg out on the lounge in front of the goggle box. :thumbright: :D

My appreciated thanks gent. Good but slow and easy time spent today and now we have all the main decal place, as you can se there were not all that many but I almost made a big blue and was going to place the Roo roundels facing outward and backward on the wings. I was save by a drip of decal fluid!

20240414 1.JPG

20240414 2.JPG

20240414 3.JPG

20240414 4.JPG

Wing fold only shown for effect. :lol::lol::D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back