**** DONE: GB-61: 1/48 Vought F4U-1A Corsair - Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Tamiya
Model: Vought F4U-1A Corsair Kit #61070 1998 (new parts added)
Scale: 1:48
Add-ons: None

Finally finished Ralph's GB and onto official schtuff. A fresh out of the factory Corsair.

1707675351355.png

Got a lotta questions as what I've read and what I see in Wojetk's photos WHICH F4U? don't really jive

Box innards and decals. I wasn't going to put decals on but I have since learned, and confirmed by Wojtek's photos, the stars and bars were always added by the wing contractor before being attached to the aircraft.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

And now, as is my wont when I start a GB late, I'll finally head over to all the other entries and be awed

Last edited:
Box innards and decals. I wasn't going to put decals on but I have since learned, and confirmed by Wojtek's photos, the stars and bars were always added by the wing contractor before being attached to the aircraft.

And now, as is my wont when I start a GB late, I'll finally head over to all the other entries and be awed

Notice the missing star & bar on the two background aircraft.
1707712074585.png

First off, wing fold area. I've seen interior green, grey and camo colour

1707766262292.png

Now, going by the above photo, if the above area behind the headrest is interior green, what is the cockpit colour in the photo below as it looks darker. According to author Tom Cleaver, the cockpit was YZC with the exception of the areas above the side consoles which were interior green.

1707766779935.png

As memo serves the cockpit wasn't of the YZC but of either of the tinted YZC or the interior green appled for seen areas. The pic you used as the source to work out of the colour seems to be affected by the light and shadows due to the taking on the factory floor.

Here is another one taken with a different angle . It can be noticed that the colour tone is now slightly different and more solid in tinge for all the area. The enlarged shot reveals that the fuselage interior behind the bulkhead is much lighter what indicates the YZC.

corsair_c.jpg

corsair_c1.jpg

Here is the next image with the early variant at the assembling line and the darker colour tone can be found as well. In the case it seems to be the tinted YZC, IMHO.

corsair4.jpeg

the source: Question about Corsair wing lights, not wingtips

Regarding the "?" IMHO it is the YZC but applied twice and seen from different angle what makes it appearance darker than on the tops. Notice the tone of the large tank installed in front of the cockpit.

BTW... looking at the outer colour I would say it is not exactly the YZC but a coat of much lighter tone. Possible like in the pic below.

restoration.jpg

the source: Chance Vought Corsair F4U-5N

Users who are viewing this thread

Back