**** DONE: GB-61: 1/48 Vought F4U-1A Corsair - Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Last of the colour spraying is done. Not wanting to risk a respray, I masked the entire model. Masking the canopy was a right pain in the keester. I sprayed it off the model and used the spare canopy as a mask

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Last edited:
Added panel liner to the front of the aircraft as the wing area seems to be the most active area. I only have dark brown which I feel would be too stark and two greys, too light so I mixed brown with light grey. I also used it too try make scuff marks but while it shows up in real life, not so much in the photos

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

All done for the week and the end of three week vacation. Have a good week gentlemen

Thanks guys

P.S. just one. I ran outta paint and I'm heading back to camp tonight
I just pictured an angry "Dangerous" Dan McGrew kicking down the door of his cabin (frightening the Kodiak bears) trudging into the 12 foot drifts muttering "no ******* paint. ****, just go to work."

Thanks guys. Crappy tour. Spent most of the time capping roads with only one wiggle wagon running which meant a load every 15-20 minutes. Anyhoo....formation and ID lights. I was unaware of the blue light on top of each wing. Under the wing, I didn't have any clear orange so I mixed clear red and yeller

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back