GB-69 1/72 PBM-5 MARINER - Maritime Aircraft WWII

She ain't small, that's for sure! Good stuff mate.
 
Nice start
 
I looked over the information provided earlier and find I can't do a lot of modifications like I want to in the interest of time available. I also don't have a particular plane in mind. I do have an idea what I want to do though. A plane landing on water... or taking off.. it kind of looks the same. I did already modify top area to allow a better fit of the main wing. Photos to follow.
 
Cutting out this section like this allowed for the wings to sit properly.
20260329_140510.jpg

20260329_140527.jpg

20260329_140620.jpg
 
Good solution Bill.
 
Nice work so far!
 
I have it in my stash also. I picked up the photo etched parts and a decal set for one of the nightmare birds. I picked up a couple of books also. I will start it one day.

I read up on the plane that I knew nothing about. I'm thinking one of the 3 models in black and carrying two torpedoes. It flew out of Guadalcanal. I never found the conversation kit either. The plan.was the hang it from a seaplane tender crane using this. Just needs to build a round tower around the crane.
 
I have a technique for water I want to try. The inside is now painted, internal windows installed, and pilots in place. I built up the empennage and am now ready to put the halves together and attach the wings. Here is one picture. More to follow.

20260419_153246.jpg
 
Looking forward to the "technique for water".
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back