GB46 - 1/48th Bristol Blenheim Mk.IV - WW2 Eastern front / Twin Engine aircraft and gliders. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep. Later in the war, the Danish Resistance helped downed aircrew to escape, via sea, from Jutland. Note that this, the larger, 'mainland' part of Denmark, is some way from the capital, Copenhagen, which is to the south and east, on the island of Zeeland . Escapes were also handled here, often departing from the quay at the Carlsberg brewery, by small boat to Sweden.
Pic below shows the Memorial stone at the Carlsberg quay, Copenhagen, taken during the 50th Anniversary event of the Shell House raid.

Carlsberg memorial.jpg

Thanks chaps.
Just been going over the kit parts, comparing to my references, to plan the build. Got some fiddling and thought before building the interior, as the scratch-built areas will need to be placed fairly accurately, due to the way the parts go together, especially the clear nose halves.

Well, over two months into this GB, and I haven't done a thing yet, mainly due to the ongoing pain and stiffness in my hands and wrists, because of lack of treatment and medication, as a result of the Covid situation. That, and a disrupted sleep pattern, has really b*lloxed things, as far a modelling goes !
I'll try to at least make a start, when or if things improve, but I'll be away for a week or so, from July 14th, so might not get much done.
If it looks like I won't get much progress before the end of the GB, then I'll transfer the build into the "Start to Finish" threads - sorry chaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back