George Lucas planning to make a WWII film "Red Tails"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bloom played a Ranger grunt who was injured in the first few minutes of the operation - fell out of the copter.

How about Mark Wahlberg?

I can bet a whole weeks worth of pay, that it'll just be another f*cking Pearl Harbor disaster.... A bl**dy film about fr*cking lovey dovey-little Miss too goody two shoes-falling in love with clean cut fighter pilot-hugs and kissing-boo-f*cking-bl**dy-hoo-has to leave to fight the baaad and scary Germans-wave white handkerchief-dry tear from the wrong color fr*cking glass eye-piece of cr*p flick! You sneeze and by God should you sneeze TWICE, two minutes or less between, you miss all the dogfight action etc....

What the h*ll! What was that....!? D*mn.....I missed it! I want my money back!

Compare "Tora Tora tora" with "pearl harbour". Pretty much tells you wherere Hollywood is heading with all of this.

I would like to see a true to life docu-drama on the flying tigers. Far enough away from the US for some hope of semi-truth to be told, whilst close enough to give some hope of a reasonable financial return

I can bet a whole weeks worth of pay, that it'll just be another f*cking Pearl Harbor disaster.... A bl**dy film about fr*cking lovey dovey-little Miss too goody two shoes-falling in love with clean cut fighter pilot-hugs and kissing-boo-f*cking-bl**dy-hoo-has to leave to fight the baaad and scary Germans-wave white handkerchief-dry tear from the wrong color fr*cking glass eye-piece of cr*p flick! You sneeze and by God should you sneeze TWICE, two minutes or less between, you miss all the dogfight action etc....

What the h*ll! What was that....!? D*mn.....I missed it! I want my money back!

LOL - what do you REALLY think? and how many short, cute or steely eyed, Spike Lee's or Prince's or Michael Jackson's can we recruit for this gig...

actually there are some young black actors to pull this off and it's not like Lucas has always pulled marquee names for his films.

An remember the story line isn't so much about those dreaded Huns, but more about dreaded Jim Crow and the "baaad KKK in the USAAF"

Bloom played a Ranger grunt who was injured in the first few minutes of the operation - fell out of the copter.

How about Mark Wahlberg?

How 'bout make up Njaco? maybe they could film it in 'print negative'?

I would cast Prince and Spike Lee - all kidding aside bloom and wahlberg could play the dreaded Hun, Denzell Washington could easily do Benjamin O Davis.. they could cast it well.

LOL - what do you REALLY think? and how many short, cute or steely eyed, Spike Lee's or Prince's or Michael Jackson's can we recruit for this gig...

actually there are some young black actors to pull this off and it's not like Lucas has always pulled marquee names for his films.

An remember the story line isn't so much about those dreaded Huns, but more about dreaded Jim Crow and the "baaad KKK in the USAAF"
Don't know about Jackson or Prince, they would probably break out doing moonwalks and other weird dances on the steelplates besides their P-51's, while the groundcrew look like *what the f...!* :lol:

I, for one am pretty dang excited to see this movie. I've been wondering if there would be a movie about the Tuskegee airmen anytime soon. x)

There was already a HBO movie about the Tuskegee Airman (which I thought was really good) and I don't have a problem with another movie coming out.

There is a book out about African-Americans serving in a tank unit in the ETO. That would make for a more interesting movie (unless they have something like M-1 Abrams as the German tanks and M-60s for the Americans)

Spike Lee is also supposedly coming out with a movie about African-American marines.

Red Ball Express ws made with Sydney Poitier. Not a bad movie.

Red Ball Express (1952)

There are sooooo many other stories they could make into movies. How about the Finnish flyers. Or the attack on Bari (the Pearrl Harbor of the Med). So many others.

I'll check that out..

Finnish Flyers yes... defense of Malta.. Japanese invasion of Alaska.. Cockleshell heros... too many to mention

the LW attack on Bari would be quite interesting covering the ploys of the Allies using poisonous gas that was stored deep within several ships hit..........

an interesting somewhat stealth scenario, wonder if it would be protrayed as a fantasy piece

I, for one am pretty dang excited to see this movie. I've been wondering if there would be a movie about the Tuskegee airmen anytime soon. x)

There was already a HBO movie about the Tuskegee Airman (which I thought was really good) and I don't have a problem with another movie coming out.

I'm not sure how many movies there on the the Tuskegee group, but the one I'm thinking of is the one that has Laurence Fishburne as Hannibal Lee.

just got assailed in todays post from this site :

not sure if it is legit or what ? The Red Tail Project

funny the enclosed letter was suppose to be from former member Harold Brown states that the 332nd fg is almost completely unknown in the media and literature...........NOT !

I vote the the B-24 raids on Ploesti. Now that would be impressive. Drama, sadness, triumph... and the scale. Oh man...

Matt - Could not possibly have a better choice of an epic and important illustration of perhaps the greates life and death drama of USAAF heavy bombers on one of the most important missions of the war -

Leon Johnson taking the 44th in with delayed action fuses going off from the 93rd just minutes earlier, gunners dueling with flak batteries and a flak train running parallel, coming home with wheat and corn stalk chaff in the bomb bays and only one more guy from the lead squadron .. 5 MoH..

Who could possibly capture that on film?

somebody tell me again about the 332nd?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back