Georgia and Russia at war.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Я не знаю чего ты там написал. Ваще не могу понять. Пипец блин. Завтра на трезвую голову попробую разобраться. Сейяас ваще пох!

translation for the englishing speaking according to online translator:

Online Translator

"I do not know that you there have written. Ваще I can not understand. Пипец a pancake. Tomorrow on a sober head I shall try to understand. Сейяас ваще пох!"

Online Translator

"I do not know that you there have written. Ваще I can not understand. Пипец a pancake. Tomorrow on a sober head I shall try to understand. Сейяас ваще пох!"

LMAO :D :D

2 Mitya
эй, тезка, расслабься, а то народ твоего юмора не оценивает :D
Hey Mitya, chill out man :lol:

This bloody massacre was conceived not by Russia, and not Georgia. She was conceived in the White House by the USA.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I honestly can not think of anything else to write.

I guess at least now they can't claim that Bush has no idea where Georgia is... :) :rolleyes:

I don't agree. Maybe the acts are not the same but very similar, especially as seen from Central European perspective.

The Soviet invasion to Czechoslovakia in August 21st 1968 was a very clear message, as well as this is a clear message. The Russians are looking for every occasion to expand their area of influence...

Not only compared to 1968, but perhaps also the 1938 "Sudeten" crisis?

Joe there is one thing that concerns me, how much of this "crisis" between Georgia/Ossetia could have been manufactured by outside forces {Russia}, by giving out Russian passports encouraging separatism? Then as Gerogia goes in to restore order Russia comes in to "protect" ethnic Russians?

Я не знаю чего ты там написал. Ваще не могу понять. Пипец блин. Завтра на трезвую голову попробую разобраться. Сейяас ваще пох!

"I do not know that you there have written. Ваще I can not understand. {I cannot understand you} Пипец a pancake. {My head is a pancake} Tomorrow on a sober head I shall try to understand. Сейяас ваще пох!"
:)

Not only compared to 1968, but perhaps also the 1938 "Sudeten" crisis?
Did Czechs invade Sudetenland with heavy weapons? Did they start a military operation? Did the Sudetendeutschen struggled for their independence with arms against Czechs? And do you really believe the main goal aim of Russians is to overtrow Saakashvili and to conquer Georgia? Like it was with Czechs in 1938?

Joe there is one thing that concerns me, how much of this "crisis" between Georgia/Ossetia could have been manufactured by outside forces {Russia}, by giving out Russian passports encouraging separatism?
you know , they (Ossetians) fought the war against Georgians in 1991-1993 without any Russian support. Until 2000ies they didn't recieve much aid from Russia either.

Yes I know. I translated it in my own program as well, and 3 other people above you translated it as well.

yeah but i needed to make a google´s marketing !

----------------------------------------------------------------

seems like mikhail saakashvili is annoying their western partners. was needed condolezza rice and nicolas sarkozy goes to georgia to oblige mr. saakashvili sign and obey a cease-fire treaty.

the european union is adopting a more cautious strategy, criticizing both, russia and georgia, but assuming georgia started the problem, instead usa and englandthat sustains russia was the agressor (!?).

anyway, this guy, the president of georgia, is achieving put the west and the east against each other, and he puts more lumber in the lighter issuing and almost blaming the nato for the invasion of georgia, saiyng that the nato fails to put georgia inside their organization and the western powers should helped georgia to fights against russia.

a very strange guy, the president of georgia... what he really wants ?

NOTE THE DATE OF THIS ARTICLE!!!!

People power

Nov 8th 2007 | TBILISI
From The Economist print edition
The president tries to face down protests from the opposition

IT WAS exactly four years ago that Mikheil Saakashvili, then a youthful firebrand leader of the opposition to President Eduard Shevardnadze, brought his supporters out into the streets of Tbilisi. The protesters were complaining that Mr Shevardnadze had staged and won a rigged parliamentary election. The demonstrations were peaceful but, because they went on day after day, also intimidating. Within days, Georgia's "rose revolution" had driven Mr Shevardnadze out of power and installed Mr Saakashvili in his place.

Four years on it is Mr Saakashvili who has been confronted by the biggest protests since the rose revolution. The most recent ones, in central Tbilisi and in front of the parliament building, have attracted crowds at least 50,000 strong. The protesters object to Mr Saakashvili's forceful, hands-on style, complain that the benefits of the boom (annual GDP growth is close to 10%) have been too narrowly shared, and demand fresh elections.

Yet unlike Mr Shevardnadze four years ago, Mr Saakashvili seems determined to hang on. He claims the demonstrations are part of a Kremlin-backed putsch against him. "High-ranking officials in Russian special services are behind this," he said, adding that several Russian diplomats would be expelled. Georgia's ambassador to Moscow has been recalled.

Certainly Russia has systematically provoked Georgia, with trade and energy sanctions, harassment of Georgian migrants in Russia, and—most recently—mysterious air raids. But Mr Saakashvili's response will do little to help his country's reputation as a shop window for the West in the former Soviet Union.

On November 7th police forcefully dispersed the protesters, using tear-gas and water cannon. Scores of people were reported injured. Among those beaten was Georgia's human-rights ombudsman, Sozar Subari. The government then declared a 15-day state of emergency. Riot police stormed the main opposition television station, Imedi, and took it off the air.

Countries that normally support Georgia against Russian bullying are aghast. Many have been worried privately for some time about cronyism in Mr Saakashvili's inner circle. Last month the secretary-general of NATO, Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, underlined the need for greater political transparency and a stricter rule of law if Georgia wants to progress towards membership. Outsiders worry that state influence on the media is too strong. Many think that the government mishandled a spectacular bust-up last month with the firebrand former defence minister, Irakli Okruashvili, now in exile.

Yet the opposition's stance can sound hysterical and sometimes outlandish (hanging the president in effigy and demanding the restoration of the monarchy after a 200-year interregnum). Given the shambles that Mr Saakashvili took over in 2003, the obstacles he has faced and the progress he has made, criticisms of him may seem harsh. The opposition's motives are open to question too. Badri Patarkatsishvili, a tycoon who fled from Russia, openly bankrolls some of the protesters, no doubt for admirable reasons. That raises questions about the influence of big money in poor countries' politics. An adviser to Mr Saakashvili says those backing the opposition want Georgia to be a weak state that big business can manipulate.

Western countries will be urging Mr Saakashvili to return political life to normal as soon as possible. If he cannot produce proof of Russian involvement, many will feel that he has cried wolf, using his country's geopolitical significance for narrow domestic advantage. Ketevan Tsikhelashvili, a Tbilisi-based analyst, comments that Mr Saakashvili and his government have survived, but adds that "in the longer term I cannot say his perspectives look very good." At the very least this week's events have shown how disillusioned many Georgians now are with Mr Saakashvili's commitment to the rose revolution's ideals: freedom, legality and international respectability

That's what we're talking about.
Although he is portrayed as a democratic leader in western media, he's not. There is simply no political opposition in Georgia. It's been suppressed by the Saakashvily's regime since day one he came to power. Opposition leaders in Georgia are either in jail, murdered or in exile.

In my opinion it's not enough just to be a free market proponent and a US' ally to be called a democrat.
That american definition of democracy people in Europe dont always buy.

a thing that i believe also could bring mistrust for the westerns is the fact of russian maybe havent a good "international affairs" professionals in government.

one good example of that, when russia start the operation in georgia, the only things we knew, was told by international press. the russian goverment just confirmed or denied the actions related by press or issued by georgian president.

other side, when usa invade iraq(and i didnt agree with that invasion), the american staff, made a press release, bringing maps, infos, hows gonna happend the operation, how many troops, the main targets, the expected duration, the possible casualties...

so the public opinion have a more realistic look of whats gonna happend in the next weeks and the american government can also prevent some kind of opposition by the senate or congress.

if russia had more focus over the international press and the media, they could also have less mistrust by nato and european union. i know the reaction should had strong and fast as it was, but maybe one day or two after invasion, some russian general or the defence minister could show to the press whats the plan of russia, whats the strategic places they will act and how long the operation will be.

but i also dont know if they did that and the western media didnt show to us here. i also think is a lack of inteligence or knowloge by the west, about contemporany russia. i think behind that chit chat about "the new and improved ussr", hides some kind of ignorance about whats going on in that country.

the use of ussr past as rhetoric by opinion makers, politicians, government leaders, show they dont know too much about russia today and they havent a good information network about the social, military and political issues of eastern europe.

the own inability to preview the crisis of georgia, talks by itself against the western information institutions.

how many people in new york times, or bbc do speaks russian ?

The bear better beware, they have enough trouble on the home front. Last thing Russia needs is more hardened enemies on the doorstep. Lets see where these little nations are in comparison to the Russian ethnic core in two score years from now.

Current UN projections have the Russian population dropping to 100 million or less in that near future. Keep playing hardball the same old way with traditional Russian brute force, can you say stand aside and hand your UN security council seat to India in the not so distant future? Nukes or not, a bully who beats the wimps within his own inner circle will never have respect, but always have enemies in ample supply. Just a matter of time for the balance to tilt.

That's what we're talking about.
Although he is portrayed as a democratic leader in western media, he's not. There is simply no political opposition in Georgia. It's been suppressed by the Saakashvily's regime since day one he came to power. Opposition leaders in Georgia are either in jail, murdered or in exile.

buy.

hmm

Did they possibly learn from big brother over the last few decades?

hmm

herr adler, the big brother was georgian !!!

012008JosepfStalin.jpg

:shock:

Saakashvily just keeps the tradition alive.

hmm

Who they, Alder? In my post I mentioned one particurlar individual who is responsible for everything that his country has gone thorugh.

Stalin just happened to be Georgian as well as his Secret Police Chief and few other Politbureau members. He could have been a Jew, Russian or anyone else it's not relevant to the Georgians as a nation.

a thing that i believe also could bring mistrust for the westerns is the fact of russian maybe havent a good "international affairs" professionals in government.

the use of ussr past as rhetoric by opinion makers, politicians, government leaders, show they dont know too much about russia today and they havent a good information network about the social, military and political issues of eastern europe.

the own inability to preview the crisis of georgia, talks by itself against the western information institutions.

how many people in new york times, or bbc do speaks russian ?

Well, I agree JugBR - that's been one of the Russia's weaknesses in all times. They always underestimated the role of massmedia in any aspects of life.
See, Americans, there is lots to learn from them. They've always been good showmen in whatever they do, weather its a NASA project or a military operation - you need a good PR show to justify your actions for the taxpayers. And this is make sense.

Who they, Alder? In my post I mentioned one particurlar individual who is responsible for everything that his country has gone thorugh.

Stalin just happened to be Georgian as well as his Secret Police Chief and few other Politbureau members. He could have been a Jew, Russian or anyone else it's not relevant to the Georgians as a nation.

true, but is good to remember he was georgian because theres an idea that everything bad in eastern europe came from russia. but the worst guy in fact was georgian, like hitler was austrian not german.

The bear better beware, they have enough trouble on the home front. Last thing Russia needs is more hardened enemies on the doorstep. Lets see where these little nations are in comparison to the Russian ethnic core in two score years from now.

Current UN projections have the Russian population dropping to 100 million or less in that near future. Keep playing hardball the same old way with traditional Russian brute force, can you say stand aside and hand your UN security council seat to India in the not so distant future? Nukes or not, a bully who beats the wimps within his own inner circle will never have respect, but always have enemies in ample supply. Just a matter of time for the balance to tilt.

I wouldnt be that pessimistic about Russia's population grows - it's above average among other europian nations and the Net migration index is actually positive in Russia that means more people come to the country then leave it.

For example in Georgia and some Baltic states Net migration rate is way below zero that means people of those "democratic, prosperous" countries are fleeing abroad with a supersonic speed and by the time Russia's population drops to 100mln it is possible that such countries like Latvia and Estonia will dissapear at all due to an extremely low birth rate and a negative migration index.

true, but is good to remember he was georgian because theres an idea that everything bad in eastern europe came from russia. but the worst guy in fact was georgian, like hitler was austrian not german.

Well, most of Lenin's Politbureau members and other October Revolution masterminds were Jewish, so, now what? To blame them for all communist's attrocities? Probably not. In fact, communists didnt have nationalities, they simply divided people by classes and acted by the book written by Lenin and Marx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back