Georgia and Russia at war.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I get all of my news from the daily show....

Jon Stewart is a real class act. The last time I saw any of his show was a couple years ago when he was joking about DoD recruiting efforts being stepped up since they were losing so many troops in Iraq...

There are few TV personalities I loathe more than that man.

Let me guess - Kieth Obermann? His vitriolic rants against Bush and America have made himself into the biggest joke on MSNBC....

BTW, I hope you got the sarcasm in my last post about Stewart's show....

Now Jon Stewart"s opposite number IMHO on the right is O'Reilly but Stewart knows he's satire and the o'Reilly hasn't figured that out yet

Now Jon Stewart"s opposite number IMHO on the right is O'Reilly but Stewart knows he's satire and the o'Reilly hasn't figured that out yet

You make comments like that... Bill O'Reilly is not a comedic news spoof or whatever you'd want to categorize Stewart's partisan vomit show. Sure Bill O'Reilly leans to the right, but he doesn't take the republican party agenda hook, line, and sinker. Also, he'll be just as quick to criticize the GOP as the democratic party for policies he disagrees with. To compare the two is not even close to reality even if you can't stand O'Reilly.

The reason the left hates him so much is largely because he is so successful and his ratings destroy all of their competition.

I've been watching CBC News for many years and never seen anything like that. Is this a hidden form of censorship?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtdVS8646GI

And few days earlier a Fox News host trying to interrupt an interview of a 12-year old ossetian girl and her aunt when their story got slightly out of his guidelines:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8XI2Chc6uQ

Then, I'm watching Glenn Beck's show on August 19th (I like this guy, his sense of humor and sarcasm) and Glenn calls russian invasion of Georgia operation "Clean Field" translated as "scorched land" saying that Russia's goal in this conflict was extermination of all Georgians etc... when everyone knows that "Clean Field" was in fact georgian code name for their attack on South Ossetia on August 8th in an attempt to drive Ossetians out of their homeland to the north which in other words would be called "ethnic cleansing"
Why does he need to twist facts so badly? Does he believe his viewers are so dumb stupid?
Why western mainstream media is so scared of the truth?

Users who are viewing this thread