Germany vs Japan (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

2.) You need ships (no plane could carry a Panther or Tiger)

Could the Ju 390 do this maybe?

F) Heavy surface Forces, superior in numbers and Quality

Quality? I don't think so??

And remember, it takes a lot of time to build a fleet!

Germany would simply use American/British air carriers, like it did with French craft for Operation Seelowe?

As for the Jets, England was developing jets at the same time. The Germans were just the first to put them into service.

Actually the 1st jet engine was made by Whittle turbojets in '23 IIRC?

The 1st jet plane to fly was German, so was the 1st jet to manned aircraft combat, but the Metoeor was the 1st plane to enter service.

That's actually wrong, the Meteor was the first into service. The Me-262 was the first jet into service and meet enemy opposition.

I think a Meteor prototype took out a V1, without any guns!

(It tipped it over!)

What people forget is Australia had the most Tungsten and also had considerable iron and aluminium ore, I reckon the Japanese would have had Oz?

It would depend on Russian people and resources.

They would be exterminated as untermenche and they knew it, they would fight to the death and are very capaple.

Also most nations such as Britain would sue for peace under favourable circumstances, but would resist much harder than the Marquis etc, and I believe if persecuted, would fight to the death also.

This would also likely be true of the USA and Commonwealth.

Excellent info on that post there, thanks Smokey.

Though it would be immediately obvious what Hitler was doing if he started building up forces near Manchuria.

Not necessarily, fake a Manchuria Russian revolt, after this act is 'crushed' place troops and railtracks there?

I still am not convinced that even if Germany could move an army to Manchuria (and I admit, roll over the IJA), they could have done anything more. To cross the Sea of Japan, land a large enough force against a very hostile terrain and populace, and then supply it would require an effort that would equal, if not exceed the plans for Olympic/Coronet.

I still need someone to disprove to me that this would be foremost a maritime battle. Just think, a single rail line, thousands of miles long, will be used to support an army. Blow up a train or two of landing boats, then what will be used to get across the sea? Shut it down a few days here, a few days there, and soon you run out of time to build up your forces.

Simply saying that the Germans would take the US and UK fleets and use it for its own use is not an option. Those fleets would have been sunk or scuttled. Plus, Germany would need to build a vast battle fleet, supply maintain them, and also be able to perform major repairs. All of it, thousands of miles from a modern seaport.

Plus..... Germany would need to mount the largest invasion in history hundreds of miles from the nearest supply bases, which would all be in easy target range of Japanese planes and ships.

The only way Germany could mount an invasion of Japan from Manchuria would be to defeat the IJN at sea and crack the Malay/Indonesia barrier. And thats where they would be defeated. Saying that advanced jets will be used isnt really practical. Remember the 1st generation jets were quite sensitive to battle damage. The attrition rate of having those hypothetical bombers flying thousands of miles to attack a fleet, then return home with damage would have been unsustainable. Look at how bad the 20th AF loss's would have been if Iwo Jima wasnt in American hands?

And if those that are inclined to say "Germany will use Russian resources", I counter with "Japan will use Asian resources". Dont underestimate the appeal of throwing off Western Imperialism had on many people in Asia.

Your right there, but I reckon that Germany would just A-Bomb Japan via either a V3/V4 or an Amerika-jet bomber?

Out of interest, does anyone know what was the planes that would be used on that German aircraft carrier (Graf Zeppelin?) or any '44 carrier projects?

schwarzpanzer said:
Your right there, but I reckon that Germany would just A-Bomb Japan via either a V3/V4 or an Amerika-jet bomber?

There was no Amerika-jet Bomber.All the bombers in the Amerika projects were prop engined aircraft and they were the Bv-222, Bv-238, He-177 (surprise huh), He-274, Ju-290, Ju-390, Ta-400, Me-264/4m, and Me-264/6m. The only one that had a chance was the Me-264/6m with it is 6 engines and 17000 (suposed) range. The 264/6m was never built only the 4 engined 264/4m was built and flown. I am curretnly reading a book on this project. Has great pictures, charts, graphs, and even actual written convos between the manufacturers, test pilots, and the RLM.

schwarzpanzer said:
There was one with 4 Jumo 004's, that book sounds good (though I really have too many! :D )

The only one that was even considered was the Ju-287 and that was quickly thrown out because there was no way to get the range required. They did play around with Ju-290's and Ju-390's using rocket motors to get it up quicker and to increase the range but the project proved disastrous on the 390 with rocket motors because if just one of the 8 motors failed on take off the aircraft would have been lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back