Germany vs Japan

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And then Switzerland got fed of all that crap and conquered everyone and then some aliens came on earth and everyone died (both humans and aliens)

Germany. If they had won WWII they would have had the technology, the resorces and more importantly, recently uncovered papers revel, the desire/plans to do it. Japan had only limited objectives in WWII self suffency and parity with the western powers - Hitler wanted it all.

I think that even if only USSR had been devided between Japan and Germany they would go to war with the pacific and the european theaters raging. They were never actually an axis.

I think what Rebel is getting at is the fact that the Axis was only formed by Germany, Italy and Japan because it suited them at the time given what was going on. If circumstances changed drastically I think Hitler would have taken Japan to himself once he had finished all his war plans.

I doubt it. Even Hitler would have realised the human cost on taking on Japan after so much blood had been spilling was beyond what Germany had, or was willing to lose.

If you look at the war from the German peoples point of view, it all had a reason to happen. Hitler convinced all of Germany that there was a reason. Invasion of Poland, to defend Germans in Poland and take back German land (Danzig and Pomeneria). Invasion of France and Lowlands, the French and British were a threat to German security. The Invasion of Russia, they were communists and were a threat to Germans living abroad as well as a threat to German power. These were all believable...Invasion of Japan.....a land some 9,000 miles away that after war is no possible threat to Germany, or its people...the German people, not even the SS, would have accepted an excuse.

Germany, without a doubt.

I hadn't think of that.
I was reading an article about Ki-84. It said that it was the best Japanese fighter produced in large numbers. It was better than P-51 and P-47 as far as maneuvers are concerned and it had heavy armament as well. It lacked of the max speed and the range I think. It was a quiet good aircraft don't you think?
Moreover Japan was cursed because of the lack of resources especially alluminium. So they used wood to built their planes and they designed their planes concidering this factor. I think Japan could have many good aircraft if US had lost the war on the Pacific and the japs could make use of the resources of the continental Asia. I have not seen or read about Ki 100 but it is said to be a very good aircraft but it was produced in very small numbers.

The Ki-84 was good but if we're talking Japan vs. Germany, Germany had the Go-229 to bring into service which would have out-classed anything the Japanese had. Plus the Germans had the use of Rockets.

The Germans had the V1 and V2 as well as others in development that would have gotten better without the threat of allied bombers. Between their rocket development and possibly nuclear capability, I don't think the Japanese would have had much of a chance. I never heard of any nuclear experimentation going on in Japan at the time. Doesn't mean it wasn't, but I never recall hearing about Japanese nukes.

The Japanese soldiers fought with savage tenacity and it is doubtful that the Germans would have had any easier a time of it than the allies. Between the nukes and Germany's heavy bomber production that could have been in high gear with an allied loss, the Germans would have it.

If the Germans had beaten the Allies, we're not talking V-2. We're talking A-10 ICBM with nuclear warhead landing on Japan...

The A-10 was the development name of, what I imagine, would have been called the V-3 like the V-2 was called the A-4. I've seen the design and a nice little computer generated shot of how it would have worked. Basically a collection of V-2s together, as one ran out of fuel it would fall away.

The Japanese had limited objectives - to get recourses to be indipendant had they been denied those recourses (all Japan has is coal and not a great deal of that) they would die on the vine. With capable troops the Japanese in China and Mongolia were easily mopped up by the Russians and would have been no trouble to the Germans.

apparently at one point the germans were sending the japs a copy of the plans for their A-bomb when they knew they'd loose the war, but it never got to japan...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back