Girls and Aircraft - Volume II (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting prospective shots, Catch-22.
That top shot of the P-47 really drives home just how huge those airplanes were.
The girls with the B-25 appear to be the same ones I posted a few pages back (although this is a different shot). I like how the Mitchell looms behind them.
That final shot, with the stewardesses showing their legs is a nice historical piece. That company has since shortened their name to simply "Southwest" and continues to operate today.
I'm sure some of us here remember their infamous "$100 Gambler's special", where if you showed the agent that you indeed had $100 cash in your pocket and wanted to gamble it in Vegas, they'd let you fly down there at no charge.
By the time that practice stopped, I think the amount grew to something like $300 or $500.
….ah, the good ol' days. ;)

Elvis

That company has since shortened their name to simply "Southwest" and continues to operate today.
Actually, not exactly true. PSA was absorbed into USAir in 1987-88. Southwest had been in operation for years as a Texas-only intra-state airline, and they had an affinity for (intra-state California) PSA's corporate culture and operating style. When both were liberated from their state "prisons" by Deregulation in 1978, they became "friendly competitors" throughout the southwestern US. Many PSA employees, displaced or disgruntled under the USAir regime, found a welcoming home at Southwest.
Cheers,
Wes

lady.jpg

Actually, not exactly true. PSA was absorbed into USAir in 1987-88. Southwest had been in operation for years as a Texas-only intra-state airline, and they had an affinity for (intra-state California) PSA's corporate culture and operating style. When both were liberated from their state "prisons" by Deregulation in 1978, they became "friendly competitors" throughout the southwestern US. Many PSA employees, displaced or disgruntled under the USAir regime, found a welcoming home at Southwest.
Cheers,
Wes
#-oOOPS#-o...I guess I was remembering the migration from PSA to Southwest and convoluted it into them being the same airline.
Sorry 'bout that. ([-X)
Do you remember the "Gambler's Special" I also wrote about?

Elvis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back