Girls and Aircraft - Volume II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've personally flown in combat with several female pilots. One of the best pilots I have flown with is a woman. She now is in command of her own BN. Women are just as capable of flying and doing so in combat. The belief they cannot is out-dated, closed-minded, archaic, and quite honestly ignorant.
Pity you booted him so quickly. Because he said " I have the same opinion of female race drivers, Sabine Schimdt was mediocre. She was no von Trips, Lauda, von Brauchitsch, Rosemeyer or Cariocola.."

I personally raced against one female in UK club racing, the only two wheeled license holder out of over 3000 at the time. She was a personal friend on the circuit of my wife. She won some races and gave me a helluva race at Donnington Park, after 4 laps changing position on almost every corner she fell off trying to ride around me at coppice corner in the rain, something I wouldnt have the balls to try. She was very small and rode a bike in a distinctive feminine style, fantastic touch and control, everyone who raced against her said the same, and everyone respected her. She won races and was better than 95% of the racers in her field. Whether she could have been a world champion is another matter, very few become world champions, just as even among fighter pilots a majority never made a kill let alone became an ace.
[h3][/h3]

Pity you booted him so quickly. Because he said " I have the same opinion of female race drivers, Sabine Schimdt was mediocre. She was no von Trips, Lauda, von Brauchitsch, Rosemeyer or Cariocola.."

I personally raced against one female in UK club racing, the only two wheeled license holder out of over 3000 at the time. She was a personal friend on the circuit of my wife. She won some races and gave me a helluva race at Donnington Park, after 4 laps changing position on almost every corner she fell off trying to ride around me at coppice corner in the rain, something I wouldnt have the balls to try. She was very small and rode a bike in a distinctive feminine style, fantastic touch and control, everyone who raced against her said the same, and everyone respected her. She won races and was better than 95% of the racers in her field. Whether she could have been a world champion is another matter, very few become world champions, just as even among fighter pilots a majority never made a kill let alone became an ace.
[h3][/h3]

I did not boot him for his ignorance. I booted him for his arrogance.

I did not boot him for his ignorance. I booted him for his arrogance.
I wasn't arguing the principle just the timing, I raced for three years, I wouldn't question the late Sabine Schmitz ability let alone take her on around the Nordschleife, if you are going to disrespect someone better than you, who is no longer alive, at least spell her name correctly. Sabine Schmitz - Wikipedia

Sorry, the responsible moderator in me took over.
Cant argue with that. However there was another principle at least on the British side. Even in WW2 there were many things that were automated. Women were generally not allowed to "pull the trigger" even on flak defences, but that meant that no women were burdened with the personal responsibility of killing a group of young people. If you believe you are going to win then that is the best way to ensure at least one person in every house hasnt the post war trauma of being a killer. Biology dictates that women produce the next generation, if you put women on the front line in large numbers it is a massive desperate gamble.

Guys, this thread was created to post and discuss beautiful photos. Life is too short to waste it talking about idiots. Let's go back to the main theme, shall we? ;)
AH2qxJ9.jpg

Lana Turner on the set of "The Lady Takes a Flyer". This movie was loosely based on life and time of Jack and Mary Ford.
And here is the real Mary (with Jack):
yrqLvZ0.jpg

Mary Zerbel Ford:
RtvEjfZ.jpg

All photos are from this collection: Mary Ford Collection S.C.10229

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't know exactly why this WASP looks so perfect to me, but she does.

View attachment 625090
Shirley Slade-Teer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back