Girls and Aircraft - Volume II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems I have been reading medicine bottles wrong....

image011.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Note that the female British ATA pilots only delivered aircraft within the British Isles, unlike the WASPs, that delivered them not only around the US but all over the world. Some WASPs were even used as test pilots.

On the other hand, the ATA pilots were assigned to deliver any kind of aircraft without special training. They were given a universal pilot's handbook that was deemed sufficient to fly anything from a light trainer to a 4 engined bomber.

Note that the female British ATA pilots only delivered aircraft within the British Isles, unlike the WASPs, that delivered them not only around the US but all over the world. Some WASPs were even used as test pilots.

On the other hand, the ATA pilots were assigned to deliver any kind of aircraft without special training. They were given a universal pilot's handbook that was deemed sufficient to fly anything from a light trainer to a 4 engined bomber.
I was able to look at the universal handbook which had the specifics for evey possible aircraft. What I hadn't expected was that it included the Meteor

There's a difference between Jessica Biel in a Hollywood flight suit (with strategically placed straps and fittings!) and the untailored USN issue nomex!

Attachments

• jessica-biel-stealth-flightsuit.jpg
    jessica-biel-stealth-flightsuit.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 33
  • jessica_biel Navy flightsuit.jpg
    jessica_biel Navy flightsuit.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 33
In Dr Strangelove, Slim Pickins plays the aircraft commander of a B-52. When they get the Go code he reviews the survival kit items, such as a pistol, $200 cash, $200 in gold, a dozen condoms, etc. and remarks, "You could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with that stuff."

In the movie 1941, Slim Pickens plays Hollis P. "Holly" Wood, a Christmas Tree salesman, who is captured by IJN sailors and taken aboard their submarine, which has broken compass and is trying to find Hollywood so they can attack it. After initial confusion when they keep asking him 'Where Horrywood?" and he keep saying 'I'm right here!" they go through his personal items and he proceeds to describe them in the same manner he did the B-52 survival kit, "One box of Poper Jacks, one genuine Hari Kari knife..." The box of Poper Jacks has a prize in it, a little compass, and the Japanese seize it to solve their navigational problem. Holly grabs the compass and swallows it. The Japanese try to make him produce it and he replies, "I've been constipated all week and there ain't a thing you can do about it, You ain't getting shit outa me."

Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 22-12-21 slim pickens 1941 submarine scene at DuckDuckGo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back