Girls and Aircraft - Volume II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once aspired to be a DJ on the radio. I remember breaking Slim Pickins obituary during a morning news cast.

Let's not forget Hanna Reitch, pre and post war German glider champion, competing against men with no handicap factor, etc. During war, test flew Ju87, Do17, DFS230, Me163, Me262, Fi103 V1, and Fa61 helicopter, noted for being responsible for improvements to each.

In the process, she became the first woman to fly a helicopter, a rocket and a jet powered aircraft.

I remember seeing an interview with her. She was an out and out non apologetic Nazi, but you cannot deny her achievements.

...nor Lilya Litvak

The first woman in history to shoot down an enemy aircraft, she completed 268 sorties and was the top scoring female fighter pilot. Her 12 aerial victories, plus three shared kills, were notched in less than a year of combat flying. Lost during battle in 1943, a memorial topped by a heroic bust, was erected to her in Krasny Luch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread