Girls and Aircraft - Volume II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

In Dr Strangelove, Slim Pickins plays the aircraft commander of a B-52. When they get the Go code he reviews the survival kit items, such as a pistol, $200 cash, $200 in gold, a dozen condoms, etc. and remarks, "You could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with that stuff."

In the movie 1941, Slim Pickens plays Hollis P. "Holly" Wood, a Christmas Tree salesman, who is captured by IJN sailors and taken aboard their submarine, which has broken compass and is trying to find Hollywood so they can attack it. After initial confusion when they keep asking him 'Where Horrywood?" and he keep saying 'I'm right here!" they go through his personal items and he proceeds to describe them in the same manner he did the B-52 survival kit, "One box of Poper Jacks, one genuine Hari Kari knife..." The box of Poper Jacks has a prize in it, a little compass, and the Japanese seize it to solve their navigational problem. Holly grabs the compass and swallows it. The Japanese try to make him produce it and he replies, "I've been constipated all week and there ain't a thing you can do about it, You ain't getting shit outa me."

View attachment 708065
I once aspired to be a DJ on the radio. I remember breaking Slim Pickins obituary during a morning news cast.

um 1935 Gatower Bergen bei Berlin, Segelflugkurs der deuts. Hochschule

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

1. Gr. Foto um 1935 Gatower Bergen bei Berlin, Segelflugkurs der deuts. Hochschule | eBay
  2. Gr. Foto um 1935 Segelflugkurs der deut. Hochschule in Gatower Bergen bei Berlin | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Let's not forget Hanna Reitch, pre and post war German glider champion, competing against men with no handicap factor, etc. During war, test flew Ju87, Do17, DFS230, Me163, Me262, Fi103 V1, and Fa61 helicopter, noted for being responsible for improvements to each.

In the process, she became the first woman to fly a helicopter, a rocket and a jet powered aircraft.

tumblr_inline_p3sjdwPH1R1sah2ib_400.jpg

Let's not forget Hanna Reitch, pre and post war German glider champion, competing against men with no handicap factor, etc. During war, test flew Ju87, Do17, DFS230, Me163, Me262, Fi103 V1, and Fa61 helicopter, noted for being responsible for improvements to each.

In the process, she became the first woman to fly a helicopter, a rocket and a jet powered aircraft.

View attachment 708762
I remember seeing an interview with her. She was an out and out non apologetic Nazi, but you cannot deny her achievements.

...nor Lilya Litvak

litvyak-heading.jpg

The first woman in history to shoot down an enemy aircraft, she completed 268 sorties and was the top scoring female fighter pilot. Her 12 aerial victories, plus three shared kills, were notched in less than a year of combat flying. Lost during battle in 1943, a memorial topped by a heroic bust, was erected to her in Krasny Luch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back