Gladiator plans

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rodrocket

Recruit
Aug 4, 2006
I'm a fan of the gladiator.
I've got a lot of info and just about every book ever published on the gladiator (at least recently), however I'm looking for plans or dimensioned detail drawings of the gladiator, particularly internal details or construction. I've been trawling the net for some time without success. I've found the following but would like more of the same.

This is an original Gloster drawing. Are there any others?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 24-433385.jpg
    24-433385.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 2,112
These aren't internal factory drawings but I hope they help. What specifically are you looking for internally? What dimensions do you need?

Attachments

• MKI_Gladiator_Bottom.jpg
    MKI_Gladiator_Bottom.jpg
    620.6 KB · Views: 599
  • MKI_Gladiator_Top_NoWing.jpg
    MKI_Gladiator_Top_NoWing.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 573
  • MKI_Gladiator_Rear.jpg
    MKI_Gladiator_Rear.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 766
  • MKI_Gladiator_Side.jpg
    MKI_Gladiator_Side.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 754
  • MKI_Gladiator_front.jpg
    MKI_Gladiator_front.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 608
I found these photos and a short video. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Gladao1.jpg
    Gladao1.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 479
  • Gladao3.jpg
    Gladao3.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 447
  • Gladiator.wmv
    4.3 MB · Views: 164
Thanks CyberTom, the drawings are great and I like the movie. They will be very usefull with my project.

So what's the project Mate? I might be able to help. I spent some time with the Gladiator they are restoring at Duxford.

In Australia there is a manufacturer of a 9 cylinder radial engine called the Rotec R3600. I'm looking into the feasiblity of building a 70-80% scale gladiator powered by this engine. It probably won't work without major alteration to the look of the original gladiator, in which case I won't take it any further. Right now I'm collecting information and trying to determine some weights and dimentions. However, regardless of what happens I enjoy the research and all the challenges of such a project. I'm an engineer by trade, have a pilots licence, and have helped construct a homebuilt (I have 2 in a shed out back). Thanks for your offer of assistance.

I'm familiar with the engine. Didn't know they developed a 9-cylinder version.

I spent a couple of days with the Gladiator being refurbished at Duxford in England. I took many photos and some basic measurements to validate the accuracy of the drawings I have.

My project is to build a 1/4th scale Gloster Gladiator from scratch of my own design that is radio controlled.

Attachments

• Duxford2 149.jpg
    Duxford2 149.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Hi Cyber Tom,

Did you ever fulfil your 1/4 scale Gladiator project? I'm considering the Gladiator for my next scale R/C project.

BR;
Petter

Sorry for the late response Pete but no I haven't started yet. I'm still gathering information. I have since decided to make it 1/3rd scale as there are many more gas radial engines of the appropriate size to choose from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back