Goodyear F2G-1 "Super Corsair"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Since the -1 had had non folding wings and was originally a land based a/c I'm thinking it might have been pneumatic. The -2 had folding wings and was designed for CV use, so it would probably have a solid tire. I remember seeing a -1 in the early '70s at PHF and as I recall it had a pneumatic tire, but it could have been a retro fit. When I saw it restored in 2000 in Meas AZ, I didn't pay any attention to the tire. I was just excited to see it looking all prettied up to note what kind of tire was on it.
On a scale modeling note, if you want to "scab" to gether a reasonably accurate looking engine on the cheap, start with the engines from an Italeri 1/72 B-25. It's got the right number of cylnders, but you'll have to dress up the front end a bit with the inaccurate resin engine in the kit. It has the virtue of saving a bit of cash on the aftermarket engine.

Here is a shot of the Super Corsair that was at Chino in 2006. Pneumatic rear tire and the mains look pretty well inflated.

DSC_2884.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back