Great Uncle's Military Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DBII

Senior Master Sergeant
Oct 16, 2007
Conroe, Texas
With the help of Kevin at armyairforce.com and family papers, I now have information about my great uncle military service. This ends the "on again, off again search" started by my father back in the 60's. Frank Clark was commissioned in Aug 1943 at Turner Field Ga. He recieved training on B-25Hs and was assigned to the 100 BS, 42 BG, 13 AF as a replacement pilot. I have copies of serveral mission reports, including crew member names and plane numbers. At lease one mission was anti-shipping and a sub search. This may be the subject of a model project. I have a 1/48 B-25H waiting for the right time to build.

The exciting news is the pilot that Frank first flew with may still be alive and in Texas. I have his last known addess phone number from a veteran's association. I know that several members have talked to pilots from WWII. I will not call the man without an invitation but I would like to send a letter. What is the best way to aprroach the man?

DBII

:oops: My model building is not to at a level where I could do something like that.:oops:. It would be a good plan. I purchased the plane in hopes of one day building it for my father. I better get to work, He is 72 now and I have not stated it. Dan's F4U made me want to build the B-25 again. He did a great job.

DBII

Coll stuff DB! I think it would be worth a try. History like these men's stories needs to live on, not pass away with them.

...The exciting news is the pilot that Frank first flew with may still be alive and in Texas. I have his last known addess phone number from a veteran's association. I know that several members have talked to pilots from WWII. I will not call the man without an invitation but I would like to send a letter. What is the best way to aprroach the man?

DBII
You could perhaps try a reverse search for the phone number and get the gentleman's address that way. Send a letter introducing yourself and let him know you're researching a family member. Chances are, he'd be more than happy to share information and stories about your great Uncle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back