Greetings From a Noob.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sid327

Banned
Jan 28, 2010
TRNC
Hello everyone,

I'm a recently retired commercial helicopter pilot with time on my hands (at the moment) and an avid interest in engines, WW2 aviation and a few other things of lesser interest to the Forum.
I was born in the U.K. but do not live there (not since 2000) I don't see myself as a patriotic Brit and do not fly any particular national 'flag.'
I've either visited, or lived and worked in too many different countries to be considered much of a native anymore.
Lived and worked:-
Germany, eight years
Ireland, eight years
Canada, one year
China, two years
Africa, three years
The Emirates, nineteen years (Includes a year in Afghanistan and most of a year in KSA).

Steve.

Oh, we had a great summer. Two days in early August, and from approximately 14.00 to 21.00 hrs on 24th July !
I've heard a rumour that we're due a second summer, further south, next week, maybe even seven days without rain !!

Oh, we had a great summer. Two days in early August, and from approximately 14.00 to 21.00 hrs on 24th July !
I've heard a rumour that we're due a second summer, further south, next week, maybe even seven days without rain !!

Hahaha!

I hear you. I lived in Aberdeen (well 30 miles north west of the city) for almost ten years. It was then that I realised English weather was definitely preferable).
I remember flying through the Lake District a couple of times many years ago. Lovely scenery. :)

Welcome from Calgary. Not far from Suffield by Canadian standards.

Hi Crimea_River,

Sorry! I'm still getting used to the forum plumbing).

Thanks. :blush:
Whilst I was there I bought myself an old '63 Chevy Biscayne (with the straight six and a manual shifter. All the V8's seemed to be auto txmsn, which is not my thing) and it clocked up a fair mileage visiting Calgary, Medicine Hat, Bow Island (where I worked on a farm part time) and a few jaunts down into Montana.

SS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back