Groundhog Thread Part Deux - P-39 Fantasy and Fetish - The Never Ending Story (Mods take no responsibility for head against wall injuries sustained)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

False advertising wasn't really a thing back then.

I really, REALLY hope you're being sarcastic.

If you're being serious, then my response to "False advertising wasn't really a thing back then" is....Ya think?

Vitamins in donuts? Yeah...sure it's a healthy snack.

I'm no vegetarian...but hotdogs and processed salami/baloney as a way to keep trim? Really?

By all means, put your baby in a plastic bag...that's perfectly safe! What could possibly go wrong?

And this beaut from 1947 about DDT:

Well...we have to first define the word "trim".
Are they referring to nautical trim, or aeronautical trim?
Or perhaps, their definition of "trim" means a satisfied belly after eating all sorts of meat goodness - and I'm ok with that definition!

There is another meaning of "trim" but this is a family show so I'll let you look it you for yourselves!

At pilot training each class came up with a patch, and you wore it for the duration. A few classes ahead of mine, their class patch depicted a girl in a red dress, chair flying (pretend practice flying), and was captioned, "A girl is just a girl, but trim's your friend"...

There was a big emphasis on keeping the plane in trim...

The sarcasm button was definitely being pushed when I posted the false advertising comment.

The P39 ad immediately made me think of another ad for a cigarette company in the 50's that claimed their brand
was good as it 'cleared the lungs' and helped to stop you getting colds.

Must search the net and see if I can get some of those vitamin donuts. Eating without the guilt is great.

There was one brand of cigarettes that said "for a treat, not a treatment ".

Users who are viewing this thread