Group build #13 Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Called Iwata about this, and it seems the hose is defective, it is supposed to have different fittings on each end, so they are sending me the correct hose, so they say.

We shall see.

Because I've recently finished a P-51, P-47, and Typhoon, I'll have to make one of my other lesser favorites, an A-10 Warthog, or maybe something else. ;)

Just sucks that some of us cant take part in some of the GBs around winter cause of the cold (no place in the house to airbrush so it sucks waiting for summer)

Just sucks that some of us cant take part in some of the GBs around winter cause of the cold (no place in the house to airbrush so it sucks waiting for summer)

I step outside the front or back door. You must have a garage? If you take an old bed sheet, wet it and hang it into a aguare like a shower curtain it will catch 99 per cent of the over spray. Unless your in the ice storm area!!!!

If the garage isn't heated, it doesn't do you much good unfortunately. I'm in the same boat Rogi. I decided to enter a Mustang in the current GB anyway, but I don't think I'll be able to paint it before the end of February.

I might be persuaded on this one. Maybe another Skyhawk but 1/72 scale. I have a 1/48th scale, but doesnt match to the 1/72 I used on the other FAA a/c. I have an aim to build the entire FAA in 1/72. I could do a Fury or a Gannet or a Seaking as well.

Whats the procedure to join a GB?

There isn't one Parisfal, once it starts just post a thread using the correct information (you can just use another thread from a previous GB as a template), put in your category (1 for expert, 2 for intermediate, 3 for beginner) and that's it.

Yep. If in doubt, have a look at the Group Build Rules, posted in the general section of Group Builds, below the main GB posts. Also the Photo requirements. These should provide all the answers but, if you need further help, just ask.

Yeah in Canada its not really the ice storms (ok theres part of it) its more the -10 to -40 every month, and the wind, that really kills it makes a nice -5 celsius day into like a -15 to -20.

I have a garage, but if I had a wet old curtain like you described it'd freeze, along with the airbrush co-agulating when i try to spray it. We had it good up to December, till people were like "oh I'd wish it'd snow for X-mas etc etc" I, on the other hand would of loved a sunny Holiday season. We didn't have a sunny Nov. since like the 70s but this years temperature was really amazing and it gave me enough time to finish that P-40 for the Aces GB, had it been a reguler holiday season Id of not finished in time due to the harsh climate.

On the other hand, all those that were saying "I want a snowy holiday season" want a sunny warm +30 celcius temp. now, were sitting at like -5 now which is amazing weather and next week its supposed to drop again to -10 to -30. So we really have no other option than either build a place in our houses (if there big enough) to airbrush, or just wait out the cold.

I practice weathering techniques with pastels while i wait on old models :(

You don't happen to live near Edmonton do you Rogi? You just described the past few months perfectly! :lol:

I can usually bang out a model within at least a couple months so this time period is really only where I run into issues. For the favourite aircraft I can build them and then just spray them in March or April.

Is a spray booth an option for you guys up north? Maybe one made from an oven range hood and vented outside. I've been thing about making one.

And here's Aussies like us bitching about 35 to 40C temperatures, I take my hat off to you guys up there in the cold, cold north. At least I can still get to the spray shed.

I think Andy's got one set up. While it's completely feasible to build one, I don't really have anywhere to put one.

Not really. I paint year round in my basement workshop but have a dust collection system to suck up the fumes. There's a blast gate right near my bench that I open up and it's ducted around the shop to microfilter bags connected to a 2HP 1600CFM fan in a closet. I've been thinking about building a spray booth and connecting it to the same system but have not yet been motivated enough to do it.

Oh, and my reference to the Mustang in your sig was just a really bad joke. I had always thought the the bent wing bird was your favourite aircraft of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back