Group build #13 Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was waiting for someone to ask you if you were going to do a Wildcat, Terry! :)

Think I might do a Wil ....Oh, hello Nurse. Is it time for my medication already?

:lol: I was over in Hobbytown in Mobile today Terry and thought about you and this GB there on the shelf was the Trumpter 1/32 Wildcat me think'in I might could get a rise out you :)

Wayne be a nice choice :thumbright: Hobbytown had a bunch(10 atleast) of D-9s and 152s from Dragon in 1/48 running $25-40.I settle for some obscure planes I can't find locally.Oh and they had Trumps 1/24 D-9 for $71 it almost came with me maybe next time.

Last edited:
Newbe to the board, old time builder.
I got a couple of questions,
1) I started on a Williams bros. 1/35 P-35 about a week ago, scratching the cockpit out, got port side started; can I use that as my entry into this build?
and
2) It's not my "favorite" aircraft, so if I lie and say it is, will I suffer horrible abuse at the hands and/or keyboards of my peers?
It comes from my favorite period in history, and is significant, (fore-runner of the P-47, first american craft with a enclosed canopy, yada...) but, it is one goofy looking crate.

1) I started on a Williams bros. 1/35 P-35 about a week ago, scratching the cockpit out, got port side started; can I use that as my entry into this build?
and
2) It's not my "favorite" aircraft, so if I lie and say it is, will I suffer horrible abuse at the hands and/or keyboards of my peers?
It comes from my favorite period in history, and is significant, (fore-runner of the P-47, first american craft with a enclosed canopy, yada...) but, it is one goofy looking crate.

I'm sure some of the judges will have an answer for you! And yes, it is "of all time" so it doesn't have to be from WWII.

and

I shouldn't think a part started kit would be a problem Meatloaf, we kind of like new blood in the GBs and as the kit is not long started you have my blessing, so your 1/5th of the way approved.......................................................expects brown envelope in the post with $!!!!!!!!!!!!
b0204.gif

As for the favourite aircraft bit, yes you can lie (more $) but who's going to know and you can do up to four kits in each GB if you want, so it could be your 4th most favourite.
MSN-Emoticon-thums-up-059.gif

Oh, and also
sign0016.gif
to the club.

welcome meatloaf, agree with Vic, new blood and especially the envelope part....so now you have 2 judges on side, if you want Terry's blessing I suggest you denounce the Wildcat immediately! :lol:

and

I am not a judge.
But perhaps if you fuzzied out the parts you have already done?
Kinda like blurring out the face of a criminal in court....

I could hardly type this I'm laffing so hard............

It'll cost you a year's supply of Best Bitter, a five feet six blonde and no mention of the Wil.. - that thing! Yes, it's ok with me to do a part-started kit.

So...looks like your in...don't confuse the postage address either my wife wouldn't approve of a 5' 6" package showing up at the front door!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back