Guess what plane this is...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dans65

Airman
May 25, 2010
Arlington, Va.
This aircraft is being restored to a flyable condition, can you guess what it is? I bet you folks know!

DSC_1412.jpg

AW MAN, :(
You guys got it too fast! Great job!! :thumbup:
And yes the Navy version of the Stearman is right next to it. But what you can't see is the B-25J Mitchell.
DSC_1439.gif

Thanks for playing!

Last edited:
Cool. I should have remembered that. I read an article about their Black Widow restoration a while back. I love the old air museums. They all seem to be full of friendly and knowledgeable folks. But then, I guess we are all in there because of a shared interest in aviation.

This aircraft is being restored to a flyable condition, can you guess what it is? I bet you folks know!

DSC_1412.jpg

From the looks of it things are going very well for the Widow. Tail booms are installed, and eng cowlings, wiring harnesses and tires are ready for install. They have a eng they are going to install for counter balance. I am for one ready to see her fly, it will be a beautiful thing to see.

From the looks of it things are going very well for the Widow. Tail booms are installed, and eng cowlings, wiring harnesses and tires are ready for install. They have a eng they are going to install for counter balance. I am for one ready to see her fly, it will be a beautiful thing to see.

They are using 55 gallon drums as counter balances at the moment and most of the plumbing that could see were done and modernized.

C'mon...I thought ya'll were talking about the ultra-light up in the rafters...
Ahh, good call, that's the YP-61 'Light Widow' :^o

Cool. I should have remembered that. I read an article about their Black Widow restoration a while back. I love the old air museums. They all seem to be full of friendly and knowledgeable folks. But then, I guess we are all in there because of a shared interest in aviation.

Ya know, that is so true, I was at the USAF Museum in Dayton, Ohio and one of the curators there asked if I would like to tour the XB-70 Cockpit. I told him how I loved the plane/bomber, he just asked offered. Unfortunately, my commanders decided it was not allowed to let us have anymore days off from then on and I had no spare time to get away after that.
And another time after an Air Show my plane needed to be towed back to our ramp, but the SR-71A (NASA) was parked in front of us, so we toured around it and the crewchief and I talked for awhile and I had the chance to sit in the cockpit, (I didn't), I was too dumbfounded of the awness that surrounded this mystic aircraft. It was just cool to be so close to it, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back