Hallo from black forest

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

granni55

Airman
Aug 2, 2006
Hallo, I am granni and I am looking for some information about the Fieseler Storch, because my dad was pilot in ww2

Hi Erich,my dad did fly for the 126. infanteriedivision (Paul Laux).In 1940 he did fly in the operation Niwi. In '41 he was in the area of Demjansk and had sometimes to fly for generalfieldmarshal Ernst Busch.In this area he was until the end of war.
MfG granni

Granni is he still alive and with us or ....... ?

would be interesting to hear from you/him of his wartime experiences if that is possible. so he was a cheif pilot for the Infantrie division then and moved stab personell ?

Erich

Hello everybody,my dad died in 2000,but he wrote some stories."Der Landser" nr.
296 Brennende Störche --nr.301 Aktion Hornissenschwarm . His alias was Claus R. Schwabenberg.
In Ebay I fond some literature:
Fi 156 Storch Vol. I/II --Wydawnictwo "Militaria"
Flugzeug Profile Nr.34
Fieseler Storch in action - Aircraft Number 198 - Squadron/Signal Publications
Fieseler 156 "Storch" -Podzun-Pallas_Verlag -Band 59
Aircraft Profile Nr. 228 and
Der Fieseler Fi 156 "Storch" im Zweiten Weldkrieg - Motorbuch Verlag

In the last book they copied a storie from my dads "Brennende Störche"

Hello everybody,my dad died in 2000,but he wrote some stories."Der Landser" nr.
296 Brennende Störche --nr.301 Aktion Hornissenschwarm . His alias was Claus R. Schwabenberg.
In Ebay I fond some literature:
Fi 156 Storch Vol. I/II --Wydawnictwo "Militaria"
Flugzeug Profile Nr.34
Fieseler Storch in action - Aircraft Number 198 - Squadron/Signal Publications
Fieseler 156 "Storch" -Podzun-Pallas_Verlag -Band 59
Aircraft Profile Nr. 228 and
Der Fieseler Fi 156 "Storch" im Zweiten Weldkrieg - Motorbuch Verlag

In the last book they copied a storie from my dads "Brennende Störche"

MfG granni

Wilkommen Granni!

Where in the Blackforest are you? I have relatives in Freiburg. I drive to there from Ansbach many times a year.

Question about the Black Forrest. Is it connected or in any way part of the Hurtegen Forrest? Are they two separate forest, many miles apart?

Sorry to jump your thread like this but it's Black Forrest related.

Hi Timshatz,the "Hürtgenwald" is near Achen that means about 400 km away from Freiburg in the north
MfG granni

granni55 said:
Hi Timshatz,the "Hürtgenwald" is near Achen that means about 400 km away from Freiburg in the north
MfG granni

Thanks. My geography is good enough for "Jepardy" but not the real world distances. Gap in the learning just go filled in.

grtanni :

can you cut and paste the article(s) from your father memories to this web-site for us ? the Landser small publication(s) may be hard to find for us here in the US and elsewhere .........

E ~

I have no copyright -and that are two times 60 pages.I think that would give
some trouble.What do you think "Der Adler Ist Gelandet",am I wright

granni

granni55 said:
I have no copyright -and that are two times 60 pages.I think that would give
some trouble.What do you think "Der Adler Ist Gelandet",am I wright

granni

Also, is it in German? Would probably be beyond the ability of the English speakers on the board and given the length, would be a bear to translate.

think about this granni, it is YOUR papa's story not Landser's or any other. copy and insert different wording that is not breaking any copyright law(s)

At first a never ending story:
My dad studied in vienna.At the beginning of the ww2 he became the pilotlicence and flew the storch.After the war in 1965 he went to Baden-Baden
to an airshow.There was a storch.The owner invited him to fly the storch,so he did the first and the last time after the war!(The two children -my sister and me)Now listen! This storch is now in a museum in Vienna. So .

Scan10004.jpg

Fi156 Austria.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back