Hamilton Airshow June 18 and 19 2011

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Plenty of rare trainers. Can anyone correctly identify them all? (Neil, you're excluded!). And no peeking at filenames!

Attachments

• Fleet 21 1 Pd.jpg
    Fleet 21 1 Pd.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Chipmunk Pd.jpg
    Chipmunk Pd.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 67
  • PT 27 Stearman 1 Pd.jpg
    PT 27 Stearman 1 Pd.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Tigermoth 1 Pd.jpg
    Tigermoth 1 Pd.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Fort 1 Pd.jpg
    Fort 1 Pd.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Finch 1 Pd.jpg
    Finch 1 Pd.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Cornell 1 Pd.jpg
    Cornell 1 Pd.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 75
  • Cornell 2 Pd.jpg
    Cornell 2 Pd.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 72
CF DLG was owned by Tommy Williams who flew it well into his 80's used to loop it just after take off , the only WW1 pilot and ace 14 kills I ever met he was also a rum runner during US prohibition and Test pilot at Fleet Aircraft ,

CF DLG was owned by Tommy Williams who flew it well into his 80's used to loop it just after take off , the only WW1 pilot and ace 14 kills I ever met he was also a rum runner during US prohibition and Test pilot at Fleet Aircraft ,

Wow, that had to be awesome to meet him!

Thanks guys. Cory, you're right about the Chipmunk.

Next batch of pics are of the contingent representing the Great War. These are all from the Great War Flying Museum in Brampton, Ontario.

This is an 80% scale replica of an SE-5A:

SE-5A 2 Pd.jpg

SE-5A Pd.jpg

Sopwith 1-1/2 Strutter:

1 and a half strutter 2 Pd.jpg

1 and a half strutter 1 Pd.jpg

And 2 Fokker DR 1's:

Tripe 2 Pd.jpg

Tirpe 3 Pd.jpg

Tripes 1 Pd.jpg

That's it for the warbirds and trainers. There were aerobatic acts as well but I'll stick with the warbirds and continue posting more studies of these if there's continued interest.

happy0034.gif

Great pictures Andy, how did you manage to get such good shots without people crawling all over you or your subject. Particularly like the SE 5a of James McCudden VC who received this award while a Flt Commander with 56 Sqn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back