Hans Ulrich Rudel, Tank Destroyer...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Images from the Marat after the Rudels attack on 23 september 1941, only the shallow waters of Kronstad saved her to be acomplete loss.

Sev0720afterexp.jpg

It seems some posters do not understand that Rudel actually did hunt tanks and stressed highly that slow speed was required. He also did not waste time attacking defended targets as the cost in planes was too high.

I do not know the stall speed for a Stuka G but if we assume that it is 100kph then to line up a tank using the MG to walk the target seems eminently possible, and then to fire when certain of a hit.

BTW the G was not designed to act as a dive-bomber and had unnecessary parts removed though it could still carry a bomb.

Hello to the moderators and to all, and thank you. I never posted in this forum because my English is very bad. I'm trying to find out more information about my uncle Anton Korol. He was a friend of Rudel, is listed in this forum as nr. 9 of the "Stuka-Aces". After the war, he lived in Ruedesheim-Germany, but unfortunately, I lost contact with his family when I was 15. I would like to learn more about him, his role in the Rudel-Team, when and where he died, and where his buried. Thanks for any information.

greetings again my young German friend !

we have chatted several times in the past about your relative and I thought you were going to send me some photos and text on him via the Axis.forums.com board ? You of course are aware that he replaced Rudel as Staffelkapitän of 10.(PZ)/ SG 2 with the Kanonvögels and Korol had 99 kills to his credit via the tank buster

viele Grüße

Hey Lesofprimus- I'll jump on this revived old thread I guess. I admire Rudels skill and score also. But can can you believe on another site someone mentioned something like "yeah but he was a big Nazi believer." In other words trying to discount his acomplishments. I responded I have yet to see proof of how ideology can make you a better skilled pilot- make you dodge enemy bullet and make yours run true?

Believe it or not this dolt actually argued that strong believe in naziscm could make you a better pilot in combat since you'd try real fanatically. So what then, Rudel was bad? HAHAHAHA! Yeah, thinking of the Furher would assist in your navigational skills and gunnery.

Geez I'm so sick of goofballs that are still prejudiced about "enemies" and they weren't even old enough to have been in WW 2.

Spank u very little Hunter... Even tho his claimed/credited kills are exagerrated, halving his total kills for propaganda purposes, he still knocked out a shitload of tanks and killed ALOT of Russians....

And who cares if he was a die-hard Nazi, he served his country far and beyond the norm....

lesofprimus said:
Spank u very little Hunter... Even tho his claimed/credited kills are exagerrated, halving his total kills for propaganda purposes, he still knocked out a shitload of tanks and killed ALOT of Russians....

And who cares if he was a die-hard Nazi, he served his country far and beyond the norm....

Very true Dan. I read his book and it was a great read. He seemed like a great guy and a very loyal kind and caring leader to his men. Landing his plane more than once to save downed pilots in enemy country and on dangerous soft and rough ground. He did not have to risk life to do that more than once, but he did.

The whole argument about ground kills or air kills by German pilots does not hold any ground with me. Every single country over claimed kills, its proven. On average from reading hundreds of books comparing them to actual lost from both sides etc as a general average when pilots flew over enemy land and claimed kills (that is a important fact, when over enemy lands) they claimed about twice as much as they actually shot down, its a fact. It does not matter who they were German, USA, UK, Russian, Japan they all did it. But it was mistakes made by error and not trying to inflate their kill totals. We have to look at kill totals as what they are......estimates based on all the best information available at the time and using their best judgment.

Politics of a pilots????? I agree with you who gives a carp what his politics were. This is a forum based on WW2 planes and pilots........not politics!

He was one of the greatest pilots ever no doubt about it anyone who doubts that does not know what a pilot is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back